This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Kendo UI asp.net MVC Wrappers / Visual Studio 2013 - MVC 5

14 Answers 1048 Views
Installer and VS Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Alexander K
Top achievements
Rank 1
Alexander K asked on 28 Aug 2013, 06:04 PM
Folks,

If I start new development by MVC 5  with VS 2013 Preview that has production licence.
Will I have major problems to integrate Kendo UI  for MVC 5 project when using latest internal build  Kendoui.aspnetmvc.2013.2.823.commercial.zip or should I wait for the Q3?, which will support VS 2013 MVC 5?

Alexander

14 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 29 Aug 2013, 08:50 AM
Hello Alexander,

We intend to support VS 2013 and ASP.NET MVC 5 as soon as they become official, as we don't support frameworks, IDEs or browsers in Alpha/Beta stages.

Therefore, you can use the current latest internal build for testing purposes and report any issues you find to us in order to make sure we address them before we announce official support.

Best regards,
Sebastian
Telerik
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Alexander K
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Aug 2013, 10:23 AM
Sebastian,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I was just wondering this as some product are available in VS 2013 Preview such as Decompiler and Tracer but KendoUI or other productivity tools seems not following same beta availability approach.

Anyhow,  its clear and will follow/do manual configuration to KendoUI wrappers.
I believe its pretty much same approach that is used and documented for MVC 4 / VS2012 previously.
Although some places the scripts are located in different files in MVC 5 but anyhow no big deals on there.

If any issues are found I will raise and address them to ensure they are resolved in future version(s).

Alexander
Henrique Duarte
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
answered on 30 Aug 2013, 06:40 PM
Alexander,

Did you get it working on ASP.NET MVC 5?
Can you post the changes?

Best regards,

Henrique
Alexander K
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Aug 2013, 11:23 PM
Henrique

I get it working, and so far no issues.

I basically follow "Manually add Kendo UI to ASP.NET MVC applications" following the basic copy of files and config file changes.
See the link:  http://docs.kendoui.com/getting-started/using-kendo-with/aspnet-mvc/introduction

The instructions are for older MVC but I applied them to MVC 5 as follows:

Add following to BundleConfig.cs file 
// create bundle for Kendo UI scripts
           bundles.Add(new ScriptBundle("~/bundles/Kendo").Include(
                "~/Scripts/jquery-{version}.js",
            "~/Scripts/kendo/2013.2.823/kendo.all.min.js",
            "~/Scripts/kendo/2013.2.823/kendo.aspnetmvc.min.js",
                 "~/Scripts/kendo/2013.2.823/kendo.panelbar.min.js",
                 "~/Scripts/kendo.modernizr.custom.js"));
// create Kendo Style Bundle
            bundles.Add(new StyleBundle("~/Content/Kendo/css").Include(
                    "~/Content/kendo/2013.2.823/kendo.common.min.css",
                    "~/Content/kendo/2013.2.823/kendo.dataviz.min.css",
                    "~/Content/kendo/2013.2.823/kendo.bootstrap.min.css",
                    "~/Content/kendo/2013.2.823/kendo.dataviz.bootstrap.min.css"));
 Added following two lines to _Layout.cshtml right after <head> section following the @ directives style.
@Styles.Render("~/Content/Kendo/css")
@Scripts.Render("~/bundles/Kendo")

Alexander
Ólafur Gíslason
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Sep 2013, 10:53 AM
Hi
Now that we have the 2013 RC when can we expect  the kendo mvc wrappers to support it like in previous releases?

regards,
Olafur
Momchil
Telerik team
answered on 16 Sep 2013, 10:42 AM
Hi Ă“lafur,

Thank you for contacting us!

We are currently implementing Visual Studio 2013 support for all our products and we plan to release it with our Q3 2013 release which is planned for November.

Regards,
Momchil
Telerik
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Stephen Rouse
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Oct 2013, 09:35 AM
Do you have any release date for the MVC wrappers for Visual Studio 2013/MV 5 ? Q3 2013 has been released, all be it one day, but there does not seem to the MVC wrappers.
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 17 Oct 2013, 09:41 AM
Hello Stephen,

Kendo UI Complete for ASP.NET MVC Q3 2013 will be released in the end of November.

Regards,
Atanas Korchev
Telerik
WarriorJorge
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Nov 2013, 03:11 PM
Hi folks, are we still tracking for end of november for VS2013 MVC4, or MVC5 support?  We are contemplating making a significant investment in your tooling but, need some visibility on this timeline.
Thank you

Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 18 Nov 2013, 07:28 AM
Hello,

Kendo UI will be released later this week. It will ship with binaries for ASP.NET MVC 3, 4 and 5. Visual Studio 2013 support will be introduced at a later still not determined stage. We hope we will be ready before the end of the year. 

Regards,
Atanas Korchev
Telerik
Richard
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Nov 2013, 05:58 PM
I just downloaded the new 2013.3.1119 release of Kendo UI for ASP.net MVC expecting Visual Studio 2013 support, but it's not there?

When can I expect this to be supported and can you point me to the best practice for manually installing it? (or are the above notes still the best practice?) I ask because I have a quick project to knock out with a mid December deadline for production.

Thank you
Jan Olsmar
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Nov 2013, 06:08 PM
Looked for the same. Found dll for MVC 5 and even the examples in Visual Studio 2013 so I assume it just go on..
Joe
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 21 Nov 2013, 12:32 AM
Same here. Installation took much longer than normal and no VS 2013 templates or menu items.
Alexander K
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Nov 2013, 12:46 AM
I was kind of disappointed comparing the other Telerik products, but to be frank there isn't that much features in  this VS extension. If you having a problem to configure the theme or setting the initial template you could archive it now by creating project in VS2012 and then open it in 2013.   Let’s see end of the year what Telerik brings for this extensions, see the original response highlighted below or in this thread 2 days and 17 hours ago.

Alexander

2 days and 17 hours ago
Hello, Kendo UI will be released later this week. It will ship with binaries for ASP.NET MVC 3, 4 and 5. 

Visual Studio 2013 

support will be introduced at a later still not determined stage

. We hope we will be ready before the end of the year. Regards,  Atanas Korchev  Telerik 
Tags
Installer and VS Extensions
Asked by
Alexander K
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Sebastian
Telerik team
Alexander K
Top achievements
Rank 1