This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Kendo grid exporting to PDF is not working for more than 2000 records

1 Answer 334 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
developer
Top achievements
Rank 1
developer asked on 30 Mar 2016, 05:58 AM
Hi..

I'm getting issue while exporting kendo grid data to PDF with more than 2000 records.I'm configuring default all Pages to true.

Is there anything to avoid this issue.
Vani
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 14 Sep 2023, 04:39 PM

Hi,

I have recently upgraded from Kendo 2017 to 2023. I am using .Net Framework 4.8.1, Visual Studio 2019. I had issues in exporting to PDF for more volume of data when I was using Kendo 2017. The same issue persists even after migrating to Kendo 2023.  When trying to export data even when it was 300 rows, the screen freezes.  After some time it shows the progress bar. I am using pako_deflate.min.js. There isn't much help online. When you say using server side third party library, is it from Kendo itself? Or any specific library you are recommending.?

Georgi Denchev
Telerik team
commented on 18 Sep 2023, 07:26 AM

Hi, Vani,

Check the resources shared by my colleague in the following forum thread:

https://www.telerik.com/forums/export-to-pdf-from-server-side#4492653 

Generally speaking, you could use a library like the Telerik Document Processing which enables you to create PDFs on the server itself.

The following Github repository shows an example with the MVC wrappers, however the server logic would be the same in all cases:

https://github.com/telerik/ui-for-aspnet-mvc-examples/blob/master/grid/pdf-export-server-side/KendoUIMVC5/Controllers/HomeController.cs 

When the user clicks on a custom 'export' button, you fire a request to the server where you fetch the data from the Database(or some other storage) and build the PDF using the TDP library. You then return the generated file back to the user in the form of a download.

Best Regards,

Georgi

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimiter Madjarov
Telerik team
answered on 31 Mar 2016, 02:15 PM

Hello developer,

There is a certain limit of items that can be exported. It could vary depending on the browser, it's version, the operating system, so there is no specific number to be stated. The reason is that the file is generated completely client side, so we have to keep all of the data in memory until the generation is complete. A thing to check is that the Pako Deflate library is included to enable compression.
E.g.

<!-- Load Pako ZLIB library to enable PDF compression -->

If that is the case and the export still fails, we do not recommend to use the built in client side exporting and implement server side export via 3rd party library instead.

Regards,
Dimiter Madjarov
Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

Tags
Grid
Asked by
developer
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimiter Madjarov
Telerik team
Share this question
or