Kendo Chart Axis Labels Issue

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Chris
    Chris avatar
    2 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2015

    Posted 16 Nov Link to this post

    I am having an issue with the labels on a Kendo Chart. It seems to be caused by data with the date of 11/6/2017. Could it be an issue with daylight savings time? If data is returned that includes that date, the chart generates hundreds of x-axis labels instead of just 20-30 (depending on the date range used). I have changed the raw data for 11/6 and it does not seem to be related to the actual values. I can successfully graph any other date range. Please see the attached graphic.
  2. Stefan
    Admin
    Stefan avatar
    1394 posts

    Posted 20 Nov Link to this post

    Hello, Chris,

    Thank you for the details and the screenshot.

    The mentioned date should not cause the mentioned issue.

    I made an example with the provided date and it is working as expected:

    http://dojo.telerik.com/ebEheP

    A similar issue can occur if the baseUnit or the aggregates are set to values which do not correspond to the provided data set:

    https://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/api/javascript/dataviz/ui/chart#configuration-categoryAxis.baseUnit

    https://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/api/javascript/dataviz/ui/chart#configuration-series.aggregate

    If the issue still occurs, please provide a runnable example reproducing it and I will gladly assist further.

    Regards,
    Stefan
    Progress Telerik
    Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Back to Top