This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Kendo and jQuery compatibility?

4 Answers 67 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
LillianNest
Top achievements
Rank 1
LillianNest asked on 06 Jan 2021, 11:30 AM
Hello folks,
I have a question related to Kendo and jQuery compatibility. In my project, we rely on Kendo UI for jQuery for most of our UX components. We are using Kendo UI version 2018.1.117 and the jQuery version 1.12.2.
We are trying to upgrade jQuery to 3.5 and want to know if this will still work with our current Kendo version (2018.1.117). I understand jQuery and Kendo are closely related and we eventually want to upgrade Kendo to latest 2020.2.617 too but upgrading both at the same time is not something we would prefer. We prefer to take incremental approach of upgrading jQuery first, followed by Kendo upgrade.
Documentation here specifies the supported jQuery version for Kendo. Is there any documentation that will point what components will break if we are at an unsupported jQuery version? I did a quick spike with [ Kendo 2018.1.117 + jQuery 3.5 ] and there were no visible issues.
Looking for your suggestions here. Thank you!

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
LillianNest
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Jan 2021, 03:17 PM

We are trying to upgrade jQuery to 3.5 and want to know if this will still work with our current Kendo version (2018.1.117). I understand jQuery and Kendo are closely related and we eventually want to upgrade Kendo to latest 2020.2.617 too but upgrading both at the same time is not something we w ould prefer. We prefer to take incremental approach of upgrading jQuery first, followed by Kendo upgrade[quote] https://omegle.onl/

issue got solved guys thankyou so much!!

Nencho
Telerik team
answered on 08 Jan 2021, 07:05 AM

Hello,

I'm happy to see that you received an answer to your question. Just for visibility sake, below is our documentation article, showcasing the compatibility of Kendo UI for jQuery with the standard jQuery versions:

https://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/intro/supporting/jquery-support 

As a future reference - we always strive to support the latest official version of jquery (currently 3.5.1) and this will be our strategy for the future as well.

Hope this would help.

Regards,
Nencho
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

jamesd
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Feb 2021, 05:15 AM
The issue has been omegle fixed also from my site 
canra
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Apr 2021, 10:54 AM
Kendo UI and Sass Themes Version Compatibility 

The accompanying table portrays which adaptations of the Kendo UI for jQuery are viable with which arrivals of the Kendo Sass ThemesChatiw Bazoocam
chatur
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 24 Sep 2022, 06:01 AM

The issue has been solved. Thanks

read more

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
LillianNest
Top achievements
Rank 1