This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Kendo 2016.2.714 transparent/invisible objects

1 Answer 196 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jon asked on 18 Jul 2016, 08:54 AM

I have an web app that was built using kendo 2016.2.504 which has been displaying fine. I upgraded using the wizard to 2016.2.714 and now many objects are transparent or invisible. Has this been experienced by anyone else?

No errors were given in the upgrade results although for some reason the whole process took 4+hours to complete.

The only thing I noticed was that in my _Layout.vbhtml there was still a link to one of the 2016.2.504 css files although there was a correctly referenced file to the corresponding 2016.2.714 version above it. I removed the reference to the .504 version but this made no difference.

Is there anything else I can try before I revert back to my backed-up 504 version?

Thanks

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 20 Jul 2016, 08:55 AM
Hello Jon,

Making the objects transparent or invisible after updating from the Kendo UI version 2016.2.504 to 2016.2.714 is not a known issue.

I can assume that some of the files were opened or locked during the update which can prevent the updating process for those files.

Please check our tutorial on how to update the Kendo UI version using the wizard: 

http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/aspnet-mvc/vs-integration/upgrade-wizard

Additionally, I can suggest to manually update the resources and to make sure that all of them are referenced to the same version of Kendo UI.

If this is not helpful, please send a runnable solution so we can investigate it further.

Regards,
Stefan
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stefan
Telerik team
Share this question
or