Here we have few issues with radTimeBar.
1.We are using RadTimebar in our application. In our application we dont want to show the 'Resizable Scrollbar'. So that i am trying to hide that scroll bar but of no use. One more thing that is how can we reduce the border thickness of 'Selection thumb'. I tried to resolve these issues using blend and get the result. But unfortunately 'SelectionTimeBarPanel' is showing error as (name space missed).
2. Unable to resize layout instead of width and height.
if not give Width and Height control is not working ..please advice.
3. Can we show any value for y Axis For RadLinearSparkline In RadTimeBar ?
please resolve my issue.
5 Answers, 1 is accepted
Onto your questions:
1. -- Currently, TimeBar does not expose style properties for changing the slider and thumbs style. I forwarded your post to our developers so that they will consider it for our future releases. However, you can hide the slider by getting it in code behind via the extension method ChildrenOfType<RadSlider>(), part of the UIElementExtensions Class. In order to use this method, you need to include namespace reference to Telerik.Windows.Controls. The border thickness of the SelectionThumb can be changed by re-templating the SelectionThumb. You can find an example how to achieve this customizations in the project attached.
-- Presently, it is not possible to change the font size of the items. However, we are going to provide this ability in the upcoming official release, which will be approximately at the mid of July.
2. -- Could you, please, elaborate a bit more on this issue, as we are unable to reproduce such a behavior in our local tests. Also, make sure that you are using binaries from the latest official release (version 2011.1.419).
3. -- In terms of data visualization, the RadSparkline control is comparable to RadChart, however the spark lines do not utilize this many visual indicators, as well as x or y axis or multiple axes. Basically, RadTimeBar is a content control and can host other controls. Thus, in order to display YAxis values, you can use RadChart instead of RadSparkline. For additional information on RadChart and RadSparkline, please refer to the following online resources:
I hope that this information helps.
the Telerik team
Let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.
All the best,
the Telerik team
Telerik RadTimerBar Does not appear in Silverlight xaml. although i add all related refrences like Telerik.Windows.Controls.dll, Telerik.Windows.Controls.DataVisualization.dll,Telerik.Windows.Data.dll. An unhandled execption occured when i try to add RadTimeBar.
is There any solution?
We are not aware of such exception when using a RadTimeBar. This is why we would ask you to send us more details and the steps to recreate this exception. It would be great if you could send us a sample project reproducing it and the exception message, so we can further investigate the reason behind this.
We are looking forward to your answer.