This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Issue on drop with last version 2012.1.515

3 Answers 56 Views
Drag and Drop
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Annie Vincent
Top achievements
Rank 1
Annie Vincent asked on 31 May 2012, 07:04 PM

When using Drag & drop control with version 2012.1.515, if the cursor is positioned over the "hint", it seems that the draggable object is trying to drop over the "hint" instead of the div with the "data-role=droptarget" attribute.  This feature crashes our web site.

But, if the cursor is next to the "hint" (ex : cursorOffset: {top:10, left:10}), everything works as expected.  We do this patch now.  If we remove the cursorOffset, the web site crashes.

My question is : why the draggable object is trying to make a drop over the "hint" when it is below the cursor ?

We reproduce on the last version on IE and FireFox.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Petyo
Telerik team
answered on 01 Jun 2012, 08:08 AM
Hello,

I tried reproducing this problem on our online demo, to no avail. Is it possible for you to create a jsFiddle with the code you are using, so that we can see what happens?

Regards,
Petyo
the Telerik team
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Joshua
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Jul 2012, 11:59 PM
Hey Guys,
I hit a similar issue recently.  I created a quick JS Fiddle showing the issue. When you drag from the list on the left, the hint is the object sent to the dragEnter method as the arg.target rather than the actual drop target div.  When you drag from the list on the right, where I have set the cursor offsets, everything works as expected.
http://jsfiddle.net/MZxQu/36/

Hope this helps!
Joshua Holt
Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
answered on 06 Jul 2012, 03:19 PM
Hi Joshua,

Thank you for the provided example.
I can confirm that there is an issue, however we will need more time to investigate the case. I will forward the case to the developer team for further consideration and will get back to you as soon as we have more information.

Kind regards,
Alexander Valchev
the Telerik team
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Tags
Drag and Drop
Asked by
Annie Vincent
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Petyo
Telerik team
Joshua
Top achievements
Rank 1