This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

IsReadOnly and Office2013 theme

3 Answers 22 Views
NumericUpDown
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Patrick asked on 25 Feb 2016, 10:49 AM

Hello,

when using the Office2013 theme, the control looks the same, whether IsReadOnly is set to True or False...

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Yana
Telerik team
answered on 26 Feb 2016, 09:51 AM
Hello Patrick,

By design when RadNumericUpDown is in ReadOnly state only its Increase/Decrease buttons look disabled. 
You could change this by creating a custom Style for the NumericUpDown and make the changes in its template, please take a look at the Editing Control Templates topic for more details on the approach.
Also if you could show us how you're expecting it to look, we will be able to provide further instructions.

Regards,
Yana
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
answered on 26 Feb 2016, 09:57 AM

Hi Yana,

I'm often using the RadNumericUpDownControl without the increase/decrease buttons as a TextBox for numbers, setting the LargeChange and AmallChange properties to 0. So the control looks really the same when read-only or read/write.

The TextBox and RadComboBox controls show their text in Gray instead of Black when they are in read-only mode. I think you should follow this design.

Note that the RadDateTimePicker control has also the same problem.

Yana
Telerik team
answered on 26 Feb 2016, 02:41 PM
Hello Patrick,

Thank you for sending your feedback.

I have attached a sample project which demonstrates how you could change the Foreground of the text inside RadNumericUpDown with a trigger and without editing the whole template.

I hope this approach will be suitable to you.

Regards,
Yana
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
NumericUpDown
Asked by
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Answers by
Yana
Telerik team