Related to this bug:http://www.telerik.com/forums/cannot-install-the-trial-version#yRIoMtSoG0Oeulk4U5aa4Q
We are having the same problem, trying to install TelerikUIForAspNetMvcSetup.2014.2.903, I downloaded from the site but getting the same error "Old installer version, Hmmm. It seems this installer is a bit old. Please, download the newest shiny version from here.", I have almost the last version for Telerik reporting in the same machine, Windows 7 my OS.
I have tried to unistall the Telerik Control panel, not working yet.
3 Answers, 1 is accepted
Thank you for writing to us.
The described message is shown when the current version of the Trial Web installer that you are running is old and there is a new one released on our web site. It seems that the version of the web installer that you have is from the Q2 2014 official release.
I would recommend you download the latest version of the web installer by following the steps below:
1. Open the Telerik web site
2. Expand Products menu and select the desired product (in your case UI for ASP.NET MVC)
3. Press Try now button and then select Download installer button
4. Wait until the download is successfully completed and launch the web installer
Could you please try to perform the steps above and let us know in case the issue still persists?
In case you would like to use the Telerik Control Panel, you could easily reach it by logging into our web site, open Your Account page and press Download Telerik Control Panel button.
Should you have additional questions or need further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us again.
Thanks for your reply,
I want to say is not possible to use the last version, we have our app tested on 2014.2.903, it is very expensive for us to have a extra test in our big app with a new version of your libraries, for now we have a team working in a new one with the last versions, but meanwhile we are going to support the old version with some urgent fixes, is this why we need to compile with a old version and as soon the new one is released we are not going to have this problem anymore, as you see on the bug referred they are having the same issue.
In the past we have to keep a virtual machine with the hole environment installed (old version) but in this case we had to upgrade the Reporting Library because a big bug, but in a mistake we upgrade the MVC too, so we have to revert
Thank you for the provided details.
The Telerik Trial Web installer installs only the latest Trial version of the products. I would suggest the following approaches which could be of help in downloading the desired product's version:
1. Using Telerik Control Panel:
- Download the attached Telerik.CommonInstaller.ControlPanel.zip file, which contains the msi installer of the Telerik Control Panel
- Unzip the file and install the Telerik Control Panel
- Open it and login with your credentials
- In case the product is already installed on your machine it will be displayed into the Installed products section
- Click at its name and select View All Versions button
- Into the All Versions View you could manage the products version
- For more information about the Telerik Control Panel and how to take full advantage of it, I recommend you check the Control Panel's Documentation. Please take a look at the control-panel.png attached image for more details
2. Through Telerik web site:
- Log into to Your Account in our web site
- Select DevCraft Complete item under the Products & Subscriptions menu
- Press the Download Installer and other resources blue button
- Open Browse all product files link form the UI for ASP.NET MVC section
- Select All product versions link above the Installation category
- Choose the desired version (2014.2.903) and click at it
- Download the telerik.ui.for.aspnetmvc.2014.2.903.commercial.msi file
Could you please try to perform the steps from one of my suggestions and let us know in case any further assistance is needed?
I am looking forward to your feedback.