Incorrect Mobile Browser Detection

6 posts, 0 answers
  1. Elvis
    Elvis avatar
    14 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2015

    Posted 15 Nov Link to this post

    Hello guys,

    We found an issue, related to ios Google Chrome Browser detection. When our app runs on Google Chrome, the kendo.support.browser will return { safari: true, version: 604, webkit: true } object and add applicable classes to html: k-safari. But actually, the browser is Google Chrome and kendo.support.mobileOS returns correct information about browser: browser: "chrome". See screenshot from Developer Console for more details.

  2. Dimitar
    Admin
    Dimitar avatar
    225 posts

    Posted 16 Nov Link to this post

    Hello Elvis,

    The kendo.support.browser method detects the browser by inspecting the user-agent header that is sent by the browser. I have tested the described scenario and actually on iOS with Chrome the navigator.userAgent returns Safari as part of the header, thus generating the observed result. You can checkout the following Dojo example for reference.

    If you have any specific scenario with which you are having difficulties configuring the Kendo UI widgets, you can open a separate support thread, where you can provide additional details. We will then be able to examine the scenario and advise you further.

    Regards,
    Dimitar
    Progress Telerik
    Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
  3. Elvis
    Elvis avatar
    14 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2015

    Posted 16 Nov Link to this post

    Hello again,

        We're using .k-safari class for adding some specific styles for different widgets and parts of app. We thought, that kendo adds it only in case, when app runs in safari browser. But it isn't. Is it desired behavior? 

  4. Dimitar
    Admin
    Dimitar avatar
    225 posts

    Posted 20 Nov Link to this post

    Hello Elvis,

    I am currently investigating the scenario with the .k-safari class and will need a bit more time to examine the case. I will update you with additional details as soon as possible.

    Regards,
    Dimitar
    Progress Telerik
    Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
  5. Dimitar
    Admin
    Dimitar avatar
    225 posts

    Posted 21 Nov Link to this post

    Hello Elvis,

    Based on my research I can confirm that the .k-safari class is not supposed to be applied to the body of the document. This behavior is tied to the kendo.support.browser method and I have logged this in the Kendo UI GitHub repository (#3784), from where you can start tracking the progress that we make on the issue. 

    I have also updated your Telerik points as a gratitude for helping us discover this bug. You can find more information in your Telerik Profile.

    Regards,
    Dimitar
    Progress Telerik
    Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
  6. Elvis
    Elvis avatar
    14 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2015

    Posted 21 Nov Link to this post

    Hello Dimitar,

        Thank's for the fast answering and supporting:)

Back to Top