This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Incorrect Layout for Lumia 920

3 Answers 42 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Brian Hearn
Top achievements
Rank 1
Brian Hearn asked on 24 Oct 2013, 09:03 PM
When I run my application on my Lumia 920 or in Chrome using user agent "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows Phone 8.0; Trident/6.0; IEMobile/10.0; ARM; Touch; NOKIA; Lumia 920)," all the kendo mobile controls are much too big and the application doesn't work at all (see attached screenshot). 

I've only included kendo.mobile.all.min.js, kendo.mobile.all.min.css, and the entire images file in my solution. Any ideas what might cause this?

I see the same issue when I override the user agent in Chrome on the kendo mobile demos site (http://demos.kendoui.com/mobile/m/index.html) but not on my Lumia 920.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
answered on 25 Oct 2013, 06:57 AM
Hi Brian,

This is done to fill the missing window.devicePixelRatio on the WP platform. Basically all our layout sizes are done in em units and we set font-size on the root element to a fraction of the device viewport size in order to size the UI elements automatically for the different WP devices. This works okay on devices, but backfires if you set a WP userAgent on a desktop computer - thus the problems you have there (additionally our WP theme uses some adaptive colorization in WP, so on desktop you may have color differences).

However your page should work okay in your Lumia 920. Can you share it, so that we can see what exactly happens? I can convert this post to a support ticket if you value the privacy. Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Kamen Bundev
Telerik
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Brian Hearn
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Oct 2013, 02:27 PM
Mr. Bundev,

Thank you for your response. We had some code handling the device metrics for WP8 since the WP8 device metrics force a desktop-like resolution instead of mobile. I remove the code and almost everything rescaled properly. However, the switches are still very big. Would there be any reason for this?

I will work on deploying a copy of what I have so far for your reference. Thanks again.

Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
answered on 30 Oct 2013, 11:40 AM
Hello Brian,

I'm not aware of such issue - I've also tested on several devices but wasn't able to observe bigger switches. Can I ask again for a small sample where I can reproduce this? Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Kamen Bundev
Telerik
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Brian Hearn
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
Brian Hearn
Top achievements
Rank 1