This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

IE : Kendo Grid (in-cell mode) cell focus issue, ignores the first character

3 Answers 59 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Arpan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Arpan asked on 21 Jan 2016, 09:39 AM
While working with Kendo grid (incell), there is a strange issue under a specific scenario.
Please find the sample test application (Issue with IE11 only, chrome and firefox works great).

I have tested in IE11 
Version : 11.0.9600.16476
Update Versions: 11.0.2 (KB2898785)

Here, I have entered value to the first cell and clicked tab, (technically there is a change event with synchronous ajax call).
Next focus comes on the next cell. Here, say for example I enter 123. Only 23 is entered and first entered character is lost.

Additionally, I did found that this scenario does not appear, if the ajax call is shorter than 2 seconds. It appears in case the time is 3 second or more.
One can find a code line within Home/Index.cshtml (here 3500 is basically thread.sleep time i.e 3.5 seconds)

data: JSON.stringify({ 'data': "3500" }).

Could someone guide/help here ?
Its a very critical and urgent fix.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vladimir Iliev
Telerik team
answered on 26 Jan 2016, 09:01 AM
Hi Arpan,

The described behavior is browser specific and related to the way the IE handles focuses and the order of the events triggered. That why when IE browser is used using sync calls (or any other code that prevents build-in logic) on change of the editors when "InCell" editing is used is not supported and falls outside the scope of this support service. 

Regards,
Vladimir Iliev
Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

Arpan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Feb 2016, 10:29 AM

Thank for your reply. Meanwhile, I also tried some workaround which didn't worked. 

Is there any suggestion or a specific change which can be a workaround or approach to fix the issue.

As it is strange and there could be something specific timing condition in the code which works for 2 second request and not for request taking longer than 3 seconds.

It will be very good if, you can share any directions/suggestion, to fix this scenario as it would be a blocker to our application for users using IE and important for the application.

Vladimir Iliev
Telerik team
answered on 17 Feb 2016, 01:31 PM
Hello Arpan,

Currently there is no know workaround for this browser behavior.

Regards,
Vladimir Iliev
Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

Tags
Grid
Asked by
Arpan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vladimir Iliev
Telerik team
Arpan
Top achievements
Rank 1