From what I understand a change in how IE and Edge works is causing new and unwanted behavior with the gid filters in Kendo UI. The filter control text fields now have drop-down suggestion text like 1.00, 2.00, 45.00 (even if it is a date filter).
- Open Edge (or IE if it is later version).
- Go to the Demo site: http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/grid/remote-data-binding
- Click on the grid filter button/icon. (use: Order Date or Ship/City Name)
- Click into the text value field.
- Before you type anything note that an unwanted dropdown shows up.
From what I can understand IE and Edge now assume all <input ...>'s are autocompleate="on" even when they have no autocomplete attribute. This does not happen in Chrome. Using the debugger to manually add the autocomplete ="off" in Edge fixes it. However (code side) there is no easy way to add attributes using only CSS.
I have attached a screenshot showing what is happening on the Telerik Demo site.