This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Icons

1 Answer 165 Views
RibbonBar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Troy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Troy asked on 21 May 2010, 09:52 PM
I'm playing around with the ribbon bar, trying to recreate the look of our app with your controls. 

Anyway our current ribbon bar uses Icons (.ico) files  

I tried adding the .ico to your ribbon bar (.ico wasn't a default extension for an image but I tried it anyway)  It crashed the designer.   Something about transparency and bitmaps.  Anyway I couldn't figure out how to recover so I shut down visual studio and restarted.  So I ended up losing my changes, is there anything I can do if this happens in the future?

Anyway I converted them to PNG's and they seem to work fine.

Just wondering in the future if .ico should be supported, or if I need to convert them?

Thanks 

Troy

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Martin Vasilev
Telerik team
answered on 27 May 2010, 02:41 PM
Hello Troy,

Thank you for writing.

You have experienced the odd behavior because we do not support *.ico files in our ImagePrimitive responsible for showing images. This is true for the default Microsoft controls as well. We do not have any plans for to extend the range of supported formats, as this functionality actually comes from the .NET Framework API. You can easily use icons, however, by using the following pattern:
Icon ic = new Icon(@"C:\nature.ico");
Image img = ic.ToBitmap();
button1.Image = img;

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Martin Vasilev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
RibbonBar
Asked by
Troy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Martin Vasilev
Telerik team
Share this question
or