This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

How to create menu like "DEMO application Q2 2013" for win form

8 Answers 271 Views
ApplicationMenu
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Anucha
Top achievements
Rank 1
Anucha asked on 01 Aug 2013, 02:29 AM
I want to  create program using telerik Tool  like your demo program .I have problem with  side menu how to make it fade in ,fade out and auto from when hide Menu.

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Paul
Telerik team
answered on 05 Aug 2013, 06:19 PM
Hello Anucha,

Thank you for writing.

The control you are talking about was developed for internal use and it is not part of the controls we offer with the suite, hence we do not provide support for it as well. 

However all customers of ours have access to our source code where they can find the implementation of the control under Examples -> QuickStart project -> Expanders folder.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Paul
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for WINFORMS.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Vijaianand
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Oct 2013, 02:52 PM
I couldn't find the expander folder under QuickStart folder in the Winforms demo project. 
Vijaianand
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Oct 2013, 06:02 PM
After researching further, I was able to see the Expander object in the QuickStart.Wincontrols object from object browser but how can we consume that control. Do we have code which we can use to create our own Expander?
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
answered on 09 Oct 2013, 11:12 AM
Hello,

Thank you for writing back.

Please, find the attached sample project, demonstrating how to create a menu like DEMO application Q2 2013.

I hope this information helps. Should you have further questions, I would be glad to help.

Regards,
Desislava
Telerik
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Vijaianand
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Oct 2013, 04:24 PM
Got it Thanks. I was trying to add to the MDI Form and set theme for the application "Metro" and expander theme getting messed up. Also I couldn't able to add clickevent to the RadListElement so I can open a window on the click even. 
Telerik team
answered on 14 Oct 2013, 12:17 PM
Hello,

Thank you for writing back.

In order to modify the style from the previous sample project I have attached, it is necessary to customize ExamplesBlue_QuickStart_ControlsExpander.xml and ExamplesBlue.xml, located in Resources, on a way to obtain the desired style.

As to the question about Click event of list element, you are allowed to add Click event of each VisualItem of the menu. For this purpose it is necessary to add it in ControlsExpanderElement class -> list_CreatingVisualItem event:
void list_CreatingVisualItem(object sender, CreatingVisualListItemEventArgs args)
{
    args.VisualItem = new DemoAppVisualListElement();
    args.VisualItem.Click+=VisualItem_Click;
}

private void VisualItem_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    new Form1().Show();
}

I hope this information helps. Should you have further questions, I would be glad to help.

Regards,
Desislava
Telerik
Vijaianand
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Oct 2013, 01:00 PM
Thanks. I got something working by tapping on to ControlExpander.ControlsList.SelectIndexChanged.

Telerik team
answered on 17 Oct 2013, 10:45 AM
Hello,

I am glad that the issue you were facing is now resolved. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any additional questions.

It was pleasure for me to assist you. Wish you a great day.

Regards,
Desislava
Telerik
Tags
ApplicationMenu
Asked by
Anucha
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Paul
Telerik team
Vijaianand
Top achievements
Rank 1