This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

How are you implementing Kendo with SharePoint 2010?

2 Answers 33 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Rafey
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rafey asked on 30 Mar 2015, 01:23 AM
We have been doing all server-side SharePoint 2010 development for a while and we want to step into using Kendo UI with our server.

I haven't found any postings about how to do this.

SharePoint puts a number of hurdles in the way; some of you have figured this out because I see postings here about Kendo controls on SharePoint 2010 systems. Specifically I am trying to implement the example in this article into a new page on our SharePoint server so that I can experiment with using Kendo in our environment.  Can anyone help with this?

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rafey
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Mar 2015, 04:42 PM
So let me follow-up:

I created a file on the SharePoint server with the following contents:

01.<link href="KendoUI/styles/kendo.common.min.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"></link>
02.<link href="KendoUI/styles/kendo.default.min.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"></link>
03.<script type="text/javascript" src="KendoUI/js/jquery.min.js"></script>
04.<script type="text/javascript" src="KendoUI/js/kendo.web.min.js"></script>
05.<script type="text/javascript">
06.$(document).ready ( function() {
07.    $('#calendar').kendoCalendar({
08.        value: new Date(),
09.        min: new Date(2011, 11, 10)
10.    });
11.});
12.</script>
13.<div id="calendar"></div>
14.<div id="info"></div>

and then added a Content Editor Web Part to a page that contains a link to this file.

When I browse to the page I get: Object doesn't support property or method 'kendoCalendar'

Is this approach appropriate?  If so, why do I get this message?
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik team
answered on 31 Mar 2015, 09:13 AM

Hello Rafey,

In general Kendo UI does not have official SharePoint implementation and therefore we will not be able to assist you on the matter. As a general reference - the error that you get is caused by the Kendo UI JavaScript files not being loaded correctly. So please inspect the network tab of your developer tools in order to debug the issue and make sure that all files are loaded.

Regards,
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Rafey
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rafey
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik team