This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Hierarchy grid view

1 Answer 23 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Praveen Kumar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Praveen Kumar asked on 15 May 2014, 08:08 AM
I am using rad controls for winforms Q3 2010 and as per the requirement, there are two childs (same level and placed horizontally) for the parent.  
When I expand the parent if first child has records to display those are getting displayed but if there is no data in second child and when I clicks on the second child and coming back to first child I can't see any data (though it has...I have to scroll the mouse to see the data) and if both child's having data no issues.

Screen shots attached....
Could you please help me to resolve the issue....Thanks in advance

Praveen.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
George
Telerik team
answered on 19 May 2014, 03:21 PM
Hello Praveen,

Thank you for writing.

I can confirm that this issue exists in our version from Q3 2010. The problem does not exist in the latest release however, so the recommended approach is to upgrade your version. This will also allow you to take advantage of numerous other fixes and improvements. 

If an upgrade is not possible you can workaround the behavior in your current version. You will need to subscribe to the ViewCellFormatting event of RadGridView and every time the current tab is changed to refresh the visible rows:
void radGridView1_ViewCellFormatting(object sender, CellFormattingEventArgs e)
{
    GridDetailViewCellElement cell = e.CellElement as GridDetailViewCellElement;
    if (cell != null)
    {
        foreach (var item in cell.PageViewElement.Items)
        {
            item.Click -= item_Click;
            item.Click += item_Click;
        }
    }
}

void item_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    this.radGridView1.GridViewElement.TableElement.Update(GridUINotifyAction.DataChanged, null);
}

I hope this helps.

Regards,
George
Telerik

Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.

Tags
GridView
Asked by
Praveen Kumar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
George
Telerik team
Share this question
or