This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Hierarchical RadGridView, MS SQL Serv2008 and LINQ

1 Answer 87 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Michał K
Top achievements
Rank 1
Michał K asked on 20 Aug 2009, 12:50 PM
Hi!

I have a new problem with your controls. In our company application, we will use many hierarchical RadGridView controls to present data. It's a simple way to make a lot of function without creating many separete forms. But we have some questions and some problems... We used WinForms controls, our database is created in MS SQL Server 2008, and we use LINQ to communicate with it.

1. What is the best way to connect RadGridView to the LINQ (in designer there's no such option like LINQ datasource...)?

2. Second problem is with Inserting (we don't implement deleting yet) the data to hierachical Grid. I have read this post on your forum. And I have question is it still unavalible option? Is there any way to avoid this limitations?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
answered on 21 Aug 2009, 10:59 AM
Hi MichaƂ K,

Currently we do not have full support for this features.We have planned to extend RadGridView hierarchy and data binding to support OpenAccess, LINQ objects, Entity framework, and other ORM tools, and build new 3.5 .NET Framework edition of our suite. We cannot provide currently any time frame about implementing that though. Do not hesitate to write me back if you have more questions.

Regards,
Julian Benkov
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the newTelerik Support Portal.
Check out the tipsfor optimizing your support resource searches.
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Michał K
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
Share this question
or