I am using the Q1 2008 beta. I have the following issues while using the grid with hierarchical on. I have 2 dataviews on the gridViewTemplate2.DataSource = dvPrior; grdPersonal.MasterGridViewTemplate.DataSource = dvPersonal;
1) If I rebind the grid w/ the parent expanded, the parent disappears and the child records only show. If I sort it comes back, but if I click the + sign it will sometime crash. See error
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridRowElement.UpdateInfo() at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridTableElement.Update(GridUINotifyAction action, GridViewRowInfo rowInfos) at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadGridView.set_CurrentView(IGridView value) at Telerik.WinControls.UI.BaseGridBehavior.SetCurrentView(MouseEventArgs e) at Telerik.WinControls.UI.BaseGridBehavior.OnMouseDownLeft(MouseEventArgs e) at Telerik.WinControls.UI.BaseGridBehavior.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e) at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadGridView.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m) at Telerik.WinControls.RadControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg) at
2) I can't seem to create a relationship between the parent and child with more then 1 column. If I add 2 members it errors and says that a relationship already exists. If I add 2 columns in the child and parent the application crashes when I iniialize the control.
3) Speed of the hierarchical is pretty slow to first load. I have a 400 record table for child dataview and 20 record table for parent dataview and it takes ~ 20 seconds to load with the relation on 1 column. In comparison; the parent w/o the hierarchical children loads in 1 sec or less.
4) It would be nice to NOT show the + sign if there are no children or have that option to turn that feature on or off. Can this be an option?
5) There doesn't seem to be a way to control the height of the expanded out rows. If there is only 1 child row the expanded panel seems to be large. Will there be a way to autosize to the end of the last row and/or set the default height?
6) I have a hierarchical grid w/ 2 parent records. If I expand out the last parent record in the grid and then click the + to collapse it doesn't collapse and the parent disappears. If I re-sort the 2 parent records so that the orignial expanded record is not the last and expand and collapse the function works perfectly. Seems to only happen when parent record is the last in the grid.
It would be nice to get weekly or biweekly beta updates so us users could work out some of the bugs before release.