This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Header and row columns become misaligned after resize header column

2 Answers 43 Views
TreeList
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
Matt asked on 16 Aug 2016, 02:19 PM

I don't know exactly how to replicate it in our environment, but it appears to only happen after an autofit operation is done on all the columns.  After attempting to resize a header column, the row columns become misaligned.  

See the attachment for an example of what I'm talking about.  It also happens if I simply place my mouse cursor so that it changes to the "resize column" pointer vs. the default pointer and move the pointer down.

Our treelist code is very cumbersome or I'd post it here -- we're updating the control in JavaScript based on user-defined attributes -- so I'm not sure if adding it here would help.  I've tried replicating this on the treelist demo page as well as in the dojo, but as of yet have been unsuccessful.  (The dojo represents the code we created for the treelist as closely as possible.)

Has anyone experienced this before and, if so, how did you resolve it?

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
0
Accepted
Dimo
Telerik team
answered on 18 Aug 2016, 10:43 AM
Hello Matt,

The only way to reproduce the issue, that I can think of, is to have some custom JavaScript or CSS code on the page, which interferes with the width of only one of the two tables that the TreeList uses. For example:

http://dojo.telerik.com/IwEnU/3

Let me know if you find out some new information about how to reproduce the issue in an isolated example.

Regards,
Dimo
Telerik by Progress
Get started with Kendo UI in days. Online training courses help you quickly implement components into your apps.
0
Matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Sep 2016, 02:15 PM

We do have JavaScript events firing on resize, so that might be part of the issue, however, I was never able to get a standalone example to replicate the issue at hand.  That being said, I did find an alternative solution:

When the parentId field wasn't the last field added to the columns array, the behavior would occur.  Once I moved it to be the last entry in the columns array, the behavior went away.

I altered our logic to always make the parentId field last and it's working fine now.  I'm not sure whether there's something else involved, but that's how we resolved the issue locally.  YMMV.

Tags
TreeList
Asked by
Matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimo
Telerik team
Matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question
or