This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

GroupExpand for Kendo 2015

1 Answer 27 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kevin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kevin asked on 08 Feb 2019, 05:33 PM

I would like to upgrade but at this point it is not possible. What I want to do is have a grid show up as initially collapsed so I have

static onDataGridBound(e) {
            var grid = e.sender;
            $(".k-grouping-row").each(function (e) {
                grid.collapseGroup(this);
            });
      }

This works just fine.

Then I want to be notified when one of the groupings are expanded so some of the column text is not duplicated so I changed it to

static onDataGridBound(e) {

var grid = e.sender;
            $(".k-grouping-row").each(function (e) {
                grid.collapseGroup(this);
                // While waiting for groupExpand
                $("a:first",this).on("mousedown", Gartner.GlobalAgendaTabGrid.grid_detailExpand);
            });
      }

This works partially in that the function grid_detailExpand gets called when I expand but the group doesn't get expanded. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

Kevin

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tsvetina
Telerik team
answered on 12 Feb 2019, 09:40 AM
Hello Kevin,

Your code looks correct and it works when I test it with Kendo UI 2015.2.902. Here is my test page:
https://dojo.telerik.com/ASeWUSAS

In general, the row would fail to expand if there is an error occurring in the grid_detailExpand method or if the method is not found. Can you confirm that there are no JavaScript errors when you try to expand the row? Also, can you show us the logic you execute in grid_detailExpand?

Regards,
Tsvetina
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Kevin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Tsvetina
Telerik team
Share this question
or