This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Grids DisplayDeleteConfirmation not working in the latest release 2016.3.1028

14 Answers 305 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Arvind
Top achievements
Rank 1
Arvind asked on 03 Nov 2016, 11:29 AM

Hi,

I updated my project to use the latest Telerik MVC release 2016.3.1028, but after this update the grids that i had DisplayDeleteConfirmation(false) does not work anymore and when i click on cancel it displays the message box with "are you sure". When i downgraded to a old version it worked fine.

Now since i have installed the current version the previous version 2016.3.914 that i was using is no more displayed in the update tool in Visual Studio for me to downgrade, please let me know how can i downgrade to this specific version.

Thanks in advance

Arvind

14 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Danail Vasilev
Telerik team
answered on 07 Nov 2016, 09:13 AM
Hello Arvind,

This is a known issue with the delete confirm dialog that has been logged in github, so that you can track its progress here - https://github.com/telerik/kendo-ui-core/issues/2406

Regarding downgrading you can try to manually do that:
    - Remove the reference to the Kendo.Mvc assembly and the assembly itself. Readd the desired assembly.
    - Remove the Kendo UI resources (JavaScript and StyleSheet files) and readd the new ones.

Regards,
Danail Vasilev
Telerik by Progress
Check out the new UI for ASP.NET Core, the most complete UI suite for ASP.NET Core development on the market, with 60+ tried-and-tested widgets, based on Kendo UI.
Robert Madrian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
answered on 08 Nov 2016, 01:18 PM

This bug is also present in Version 2016.3.914

robert

Bob
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Nov 2016, 12:01 AM
Also present in v2016.3.1118 unfortunately!
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Dec 2016, 02:21 AM

According to this github bug report, there is no one assigned to fix this.  There is another problem I have been following which is in the same state (https://github.com/telerik/kendo-ui-core/issues/2189).

I must say that I have become EXTREMELY disappointed in the slowness and what seems like non-seriousness that Telerik has taken in fixing bugs in their products.

It seems to have started when Progress took over.  I may have to start looking at other tools out there.

Danail Vasilev
Telerik team
answered on 06 Dec 2016, 09:26 AM
Hello Guys,

Apologize for the caused inconvenience !

Both of these issues have already been addressed to the attention of our development team and their priority has been raised as well. If everything is fine they will be resolved this week, and the fixes will be available within one of our next internal builds.

The reason for not seeing an assigned person is because we have a private backlog that duplicates the public one and this assignment was done there.

Regards,
Danail Vasilev
Telerik by Progress
Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC is ready for Visual Studio 2017 RC! Learn more.
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Dec 2016, 07:31 PM

It has been over a week and finally there is a new internal build 2016.3.1216, however I have downloaded it and neither of the problems are fixed in it?

What is going on?

[quote]Danail Vasilev said:Hello Guys,

Apologize for the caused inconvenience !

Both of these issues have already been addressed to the attention of our development team and their priority has been raised as well. If everything is fine they will be resolved this week, and the fixes will be available within one of our next internal builds.

The reason for not seeing an assigned person is because we have a private backlog that duplicates the public one and this assignment was done there.

Regards,
Danail Vasilev
Telerik by Progress

Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC is ready for Visual Studio 2017 RC! Learn more.
[/quote]
Viktor Tachev
Telerik team
answered on 23 Dec 2016, 11:48 AM
Hello Robert,

The behavior should not be available in the internal build of the components. Would you ensure that you have replaced all script and style files in the application with the new ones. Also make sure that the assembly file in the application is the one from the internal build.

In case the issue persists please describe your scenario in the following github issue:

Regards,
Viktor Tachev
Telerik by Progress
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Dec 2016, 01:15 PM

I can confirm this is still not working with the latest internal build. I will add comment to the github page.

Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Feb 2017, 08:19 PM
We didn't need the server side call for delete, so we avoided this bug by calling the pushDestroy method on the grid dataSource
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Mar 2017, 05:00 PM
Hi - Having the same issue. Is there an update on the resolution of this?
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Mar 2017, 05:02 PM
Also, if there isn't, is there a workaround I can implement using javascript?
Viktor Tachev
Telerik team
answered on 30 Mar 2017, 02:24 PM
Hello,

I tested the behavior and it is working as expected on my end with the latest version of the components. Please ensure that you are using version 2017.1.223. Also, make sure that you replace all script files with the ones from the latest release.

Please check out the video below that shows the behavior on my end. You will see the default confirmation initially. When the DisplayDeleteConfirmation property is set to false the confirmation dialog is no longer displayed.

Regards,
Viktor Tachev
Telerik by Progress
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Mar 2017, 05:08 PM

We added this javascript to document ready until we can move to the next version:

$('#Gridname').getKendoGrid().options.editable.confirmation = false;

Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Apr 2017, 04:04 PM
Thanks, Viktor. Upgrading resolved the issue. Thanks for your help.
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Arvind
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Danail Vasilev
Telerik team
Robert Madrian
Top achievements
Rank 1