This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Grid Popup Edit Window with Child Grid and Child Popup Edit Window - error on close of parent popup edit window. (2013.1.401)

3 Answers 105 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Rene
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rene asked on 03 Apr 2013, 06:44 PM
I have managed to further pinpoint the issue I'm having with 2013.1.401.

It seems to only occur when I have nested grids (grid with popup edit with child grid):

a) parent grid with popup edit window (A)
b) popup edit window (A) from a contains a child grid (child grid also has popup edit window(B)).
c) upon closing the popup edit window A - not matter if I edited/updated/created or just closed the window - it faults out in kendo.all.js in the grid destroy for the child grid.  The first error occurs at the that.resizable.destroy(); below:  ( I have verified the error occurs  on the child grid destroy).

Basically - this is reproducible for all grids with popup edit windows with child grids on those popup edit windows.

destroy: function() {
            //alert('destroying grid?');
            var that = this,
                element;

Widget.fn.destroy.call(that);

if (that.pager) {
                that.pager.destroy();
            }

if (that.groupable) {
                that.groupable.destroy();
            }

if (that.options.reorderable) {
                that.wrapper.data("kendoReorderable").destroy();
            }

if (that.resizable) {
                that.resizable.destroy();
            }

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vladimir Iliev
Telerik team
answered on 05 Apr 2013, 01:57 PM
Hi Rene,

I tried to reproduce the problem locally but to no avail – everything is working as expected on our side (please check this screencast). Could you please provide runable project where the issue is reproduced? This would help us pinpoint the exact reason for this behavior.

Kind Regards,
Vladimir Iliev
the Telerik team
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Rene
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Apr 2013, 03:46 PM
Hi Vladimir,

check Rosen's reply on this thread:  http://www.kendoui.com/forums/mvc/grid/internal-build-2013-1-327-availaility-.aspx

This is a problem right now - and it started happening with 2013.1.401

Rene.
Vladimir Iliev
Telerik team
answered on 08 Apr 2013, 06:06 AM
Hi Rene,

As my colleague Rosen mention in the other support thread fix will be included in next internal build (which will be available for download to the end of the week).

Kind Regards,
Vladimir Iliev
the Telerik team
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Rene
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vladimir Iliev
Telerik team
Rene
Top achievements
Rank 1