This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

grid filters

3 Answers 45 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
DAN
Top achievements
Rank 1
DAN asked on 11 Dec 2017, 05:17 PM

Why doesn't re-binding a grid re-bind all of the filters that are associated with it?!

I have a grid that is populated with an MVC call that gets all the requests for a department or departments. The department drop-down is a multi-select drop-down and the grid is populated on a button click that gets all department IDs from the drop-down and runs the MVC call. The filter works exactly one time. The first time the button is clicked. If I change the department(s) in the drop-down and run the call again. The grid refreshes with the new data, but the filter on the "Funding" column (happens to be a multi-select filter) still shows the values from the first time the grid was loaded.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 13 Dec 2017, 08:21 AM
Hello, Dan,

Based on the provided information it seems that the "Funding" filter is not a built-in filter and there is additional logic which is handling it. If this is not the built-in filter the Grid will not automatically rebind the new values as probably there is an external logic which is handling this instead of the Grid.

As this is a complex scenario, please provide a runnable example, so we can inspect what is the root cause of the issue and provide a suggestion best suited for it.

Regards,
Stefan
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
DAN
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Dec 2017, 01:38 PM

Yeah. It IS a built in filter. A multi-select filter.

{code}
columns.Bound(c => c.Funding).Width(80).Locked(true).Lockable(false)
                .HtmlAttributes(new { title = "", Class = "request-details-link", data_id = "#=RequestId#" })
                .Filterable(f => f.Multi(true)
                .Search(true)
                .CheckAll(true)
                .ItemTemplate("Requests.fundingFilterTemplate"));
{code}

Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 15 Dec 2017, 08:57 AM
Hello, Dan,

Thank you for the clarification. 

Based on the description I can assume that following scenario - There is a MultiSelect control and based on its value the Grid is populated with data. Then the built-in multi checkbox filter is showing only the values from the initial creating of the Grid and it not shown to new Grid value after a new value is selected in the MultiSelect control?

If this is the scenario I tested it and observed the same undesired result on my end as well.

I can confirm that this is an issue with the current version of Kendo UI Grid.

I created an issue in our GitHub repository and forwarded it to our developers for fixing. You can track its progress at:

https://github.com/telerik/kendo-ui-core/issues/3853

For now, there is no available workaround, if one is found it will be added to the GitHub issue for reference.

Additionally, I updated your Telerik points for bringing this to our attention.

Regards,
Stefan
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Tags
Grid
Asked by
DAN
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stefan
Telerik team
DAN
Top achievements
Rank 1