grid filters

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. DAN
    DAN avatar
    14 posts

Posted 11 Dec 2017 Link to this post

Why doesn't re-binding a grid re-bind all of the filters that are associated with it?!

I have a grid that is populated with an MVC call that gets all the requests for a department or departments. The department drop-down is a multi-select drop-down and the grid is populated on a button click that gets all department IDs from the drop-down and runs the MVC call. The filter works exactly one time. The first time the button is clicked. If I change the department(s) in the drop-down and run the call again. The grid refreshes with the new data, but the filter on the "Funding" column (happens to be a multi-select filter) still shows the values from the first time the grid was loaded.

2. Stefan
    Admin
    Stefan avatar
    2475 posts

Posted 13 Dec 2017 Link to this post

Hello, Dan,

Based on the provided information it seems that the "Funding" filter is not a built-in filter and there is additional logic which is handling it. If this is not the built-in filter the Grid will not automatically rebind the new values as probably there is an external logic which is handling this instead of the Grid.

As this is a complex scenario, please provide a runnable example, so we can inspect what is the root cause of the issue and provide a suggestion best suited for it.

Regards,
    Stefan
    Progress Telerik
    Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
  3. DAN
    DAN avatar
    14 posts

Posted 13 Dec 2017 in reply to Stefan Link to this post

Yeah. It IS a built in filter. A multi-select filter.

{code}
    columns.Bound(c => c.Funding).Width(80).Locked(true).Lockable(false)
                    .HtmlAttributes(new { title = "", Class = "request-details-link", data_id = "#=RequestId#" })
                    .Filterable(f => f.Multi(true)
                    .Search(true)
                    .CheckAll(true)
                    .ItemTemplate("Requests.fundingFilterTemplate"));
    {code}

4. Stefan
    Admin
    Stefan avatar
    2475 posts

Posted 15 Dec 2017 Link to this post

Hello, Dan,

Thank you for the clarification. 

Based on the description I can assume that following scenario - There is a MultiSelect control and based on its value the Grid is populated with data. Then the built-in multi checkbox filter is showing only the values from the initial creating of the Grid and it not shown to new Grid value after a new value is selected in the MultiSelect control?

If this is the scenario I tested it and observed the same undesired result on my end as well.

I can confirm that this is an issue with the current version of Kendo UI Grid.

I created an issue in our GitHub repository and forwarded it to our developers for fixing. You can track its progress at:

https://github.com/telerik/kendo-ui-core/issues/3853

For now, there is no available workaround, if one is found it will be added to the GitHub issue for reference.

Additionally, I updated your Telerik points for bringing this to our attention.

Regards,
    Stefan
    Progress Telerik
    Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.