but need to know how multiple selection of rows can be achieved (if possible) when the grid is bound to a remote data source (web service) and paging is in place.
Below is the functionality we require:
- Retrieve large result sets (via the web service) ranging from 1 to 6000+
- Filter the retrieved result set
- Sort on certain columns
- After sorting users must be able to multiple select certain rows, and...
- The selection state of each row must be bound to a checkbox in the 1st column
- Row selection (check boxes) must persist across pages (paging - checkboxes remain checked during paging operations - forward and backward)
- Users must also be able to select all records e.g. an "all" checkbox in the grids header
We have been able to comply to all our requirements other than to points 5, 6 and 7 but they are all related.
Do we have to maintain the selected state ourselves (i.e. build a list of some sort and then update the grid) or is the grid capable of doing it by itself even when remotely bound? What is the best way to approach this if we have to do it ourselves? Using the dataset etc. etc.?
Any assistance or pointing in the right direction will be appreciated