15 Answers, 1 is accepted
- Telerik.Reporting.Service (Web Application project)
- Telerik.Reporting (Class Library Reporting project)
- Telerik.ReportView.Silverlight (Included in the XAP file with Silverlight project)
In the Silverlight Web project you should have reference to Telerik.Reporting.Service.dll and Telerik.Reporting.dll as well (this assembly is required everywhere independent of the platform).
Anyway the fact that you say it is working fine on your dev machine locally and the problem is only when you deploy it, I suspect that it might be due to wrong ReportServiceUri. As noted in the documentation, it specifies the location of the report service - absolute or relative Uri. Relative Uri's are resolved to the server path of the current web page just like the web browser resolves relative Urls, so make sure that the provided path is valid for the deployed project.
Yes, the SSL problem is fixed in the latest internal build - I suggest you download it and give it a try.
the Telerik team
Are you still having problems with that upgrade? The error you have received is pretty generic for Silverlight applications and does not help us identify the issue. If you believe the problem is on our end, please prepare a sample project, zip and attach it in an official support ticket. Once we review it, we would have more info on the matter.
the Telerik team
I have the same problem. I instaled release Q3 version 22.214.171.1241. I got the same error:
Message: Unhandled Error in Silverlight Application AG_E_UNKNOWN_ERROR [Line: 13 Position: 67] at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Object component, Uri resourceLocator)
at SilverlightApplication1.App.Application_Startup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.CoreInvokeHandler.InvokeEventHandler(Int32 typeIndex, Delegate handlerDelegate, Object sender, Object args)
at MS.Internal.JoltHelper.FireEvent(IntPtr unmanagedObj, IntPtr unmanagedObjArgs, Int32 argsTypeIndex, String eventName)
This is happening when viewing a control that contains the silverlight reportviewer. We've included the following telerik assemblies in the Silverlight project: Telerik.ReportViewer.Silverlight, Telerik.Windows.Controls, Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input, Telerik.Windows.Controls.Navigation (we also have Telerik.Windows.Controls.Charting, Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView, Telerik.Windows.Controls.Scheduler, Telerik.Windows.Data, Telerik.Windows.Themes.Windows7).
The control renders fine in Blend, however when actually running the application this error is caught by the debugger.
We have version 126.96.36.1991 of the Telerik reporting controls (what I believe is the most current release)
The other assemblies are version (Telerik Silverlight) 2009.3.1103.1030 (which I believe is about a release or so back from Oct.)
Did this break with the 188.8.131.521 build? We've just started implementing the Silverlight ReportViewer control today so I have no reference if this was an issue prior to this.
Did your Silverlight application work prior to the upgrade and is there anything else you might have changed except the upgrade to the Q3 SP1? Did you rebuild your entire project after the upgrade? The Getting Started with Telerik Report Viewer for Silverlight video is the right place to start with and get familiar with our Silverlight implementation. Also the Telerik Reporting samples (for Visual Studio 2008) that are installed on your computer (in both C# or VB.NET versions) have a working Silverlight application that you may check as well.
If still having problems, it would be best to open an official support ticket, zip your project and attach it. Once we review it, we would be able to provide you with more info.Regards,
the Telerik team
Yes, I have changed just dll's,and yes, i rebuild my project after upgrade!
We had version 2009.3.1103.1030 of the RadControls for Silverlight. Upon upgrading to the latest build (version 2009.3.1208) this error went away and we now can view the ReportViewer control in Silverlight.
My 2 cents ..