This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Getting Error in Release mode when updating to Telerik_UI_for_Xamarin_2019_3_913_1_Dev or higher versions

1 Answer 158 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Nix
Top achievements
Rank 1
Nix asked on 19 Dec 2019, 01:36 PM

I am getting the following error in Release mode in my Xamarin.Forms iOS project :

Can't resolve the reference 'System.Void Xamarin.Forms.Internals.ResourceLoader/ResourceLoadingQuery::set_Instance(System.Object)', referenced from the method 'System.Void Telerik.XamarinForms.Chart.TelerikThemeStyles::InitializeComponent()' in 'Xamarin.Forms.Core, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' 

I have tried various versions of Xamarin.Forms [from 3.6 to latest 4.4] to check the compatibility with this and recent Telerik packages but nothing seems to be working.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Lance | Manager Technical Support
Telerik team
answered on 19 Dec 2019, 05:56 PM

Hello Nix,

This looks like the linker stripped out code or something might have went wrong with cached assemblies in the bin. Let me share some suggestions you can walk through to see if it helps.

• Delete the bin and obj folders from every project and do a Rebuild.
  • Make sure the project meets the minimum requirements and the required dependencies are installed/restored.
  • Important - make sure the Linker is set to Don't Link or Link Framework SDKs Only. Telerik UI for Xamarin.iOS does not support full linking.
  • Make sure that the linker is not stripping out Xamarin.Forms from the project (this would be one explanation for the missing ResourceLoader exception). Enable XamlCompilation in the Forms project's App.xaml.cs file.
  • If you're using custom style dictionaries, make sure you're merging the newest version that comes with the new release.

I recommend using the UI for Xamarin NuGet package instead of individual assembly references. This will make sure Xamarin.Forms and other dependencies are on the correct version.

Demo

I've attached an example for you to compare with, here are the settings next to the runtime app:

Further Assistance

Ultimately, these are just guesses as we cannot directly investigate your project. If you have any further trouble, please open a Support Ticket here so we can dig deeper.

Important Support Note:

You mentioned that you have access to the 2019_3_913_1_Dev assemblies. This means you should also have an active, licensed account. The account you used for this forum post with has never had any Telerik license (do you have another account under Nityanand?). Please open the support ticket with the licensed account.

Alternatively, you can have the owner of the license assign you as the "License User" in the Manager Licensed Users portal (it literally takes 20 seconds). Once you're a Licensed User, you can open tickets.

Regards,
Lance | Team Lead - US DevTools Support
Progress Telerik

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Nix
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Lance | Manager Technical Support
Telerik team
Share this question
or