Getting a Maximum call stack size exceeded error when trying to read more than 1000 records in Org Chart

1 Answer 71 Views
OrgChart
Aysham
Top achievements
Rank 1
Aysham asked on 22 Feb 2024, 01:59 PM

Hi there, can you please tell me if this is a bug? or if I'm doing something wrong. 

I get this error when I try to read 2000 records in from API, it says "Maximum call stack size exceeded". The response is retrieved but when the results are not showing in the Org Chart. They do show when I read 1000 records.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Neli
Telerik team
answered on 27 Feb 2024, 11:55 AM

Hi Aysham,

The call stack exceeded error usually points to an issue in the data being provided to the OrgChart. A possible reason for the observed error could be a circular reference (an item, which is a child of another item, which in its turn is a direct or nested child of the first one). Thus, I would suggest to review the model bound to the OrgChart. You can try using the same model but loading fewer objects and see if the error will still occur.

Regards,
Neli
Progress Telerik

Stay tuned by visiting our public roadmap and feedback portal pages! Or perhaps, if you are new to our Kendo family, check out our getting started resources
Tags
OrgChart
Asked by
Aysham
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Neli
Telerik team
Share this question
or