I am sorry to see you are experiencing such issues and I can understand your frustration as they slow you down. I am afraid that we are not aware of such a case specifically - you can check all known issues within the AppBuilder Windows
. Under the hood, the AppBuilder Windows
client device simulator uses Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF)
and we are currently in the process of updating its version. We will release the updated version by the end of the year and it might improve the behavior of the simulator on your side.
However, as I cannot replicate this behavior locally, I cannot further investigate it and narrow it down. This is why I cannot confirm whether any changes we implement with our next releases will improve this behavior. I would therefore appreciate it if you can take a moment and provide us with more information so we can investigate the issue on our side:
- Which AppBuilder client are you using
- On what OS are you seeing the issue
- Does the simulator crashes when working on one particular project
- Can you send us a project where we can try to replicate the issue as well as the steps we can follow
- Please zip the contents of the %localappdata%\Telerik\BlackDragon\Logs folder and send them over - we need to check whether there are any errors logged by the simulator or the dev tools
Once we have the above information, we will investigate the case further and I will be able to provide you with more information on its cause and our plans for addressing it.
In the meantime, you can also try using the native emulators
to examine your app's behavior on a device or deploy your app directly on a device, where you can also debug
and modify the app as it is running