This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Font issues in 2017.2.613.40

7 Answers 201 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Eric
Top achievements
Rank 1
Eric asked on 24 Jul 2017, 06:07 PM

After updating from 2017.2.502.40 to 2017.2.0613.40, the font size for all controls is larger.  Moving back to 2017.2.502.40 fixes the problem.  I see that there was a post on this forum this morning describing the same issue, but it was taken down.  Cached version here.  Is this a known issue, and is there a fix for it or should we stick to 2017.2.502.40?

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 25 Jul 2017, 09:06 AM
Hello Eric,

The forum post was converted to a support ticket and this is why it is not available anymore.

The provided information is not sufficient for me to determine what is causing this. Would it be possible for you to send us a couple of screenshots that show your application before and after the upgrade?

In addition, can you provide us with the following details:
  • Your windows version
  • You current DPI scaling settings

I am looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Dimitar
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Axel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Jun 2018, 05:49 AM

Hey,

we encouter the same issue (in Version 2017.3.1017.40) , it only appears on Win7 with Scaling >100%

Was this already fixed in later Versions?

Regards

Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 08 Jun 2018, 08:30 AM
Hi Axel,

What was the previous version that you were using? I am asking because in R2 2017 we are introducing built-in HDPI support. This means that now your application will be scaled automatically and maybe this is why it looks bigger. The following article contains detailed information along with a way to disable the scaling: DPI Support.

I hope this will be useful. 

Regards,
Dimitar
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Axel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Jun 2018, 05:29 AM

Hey,

With version 2017.1.221.40 we dont have any issues, after upgrading they start to appear, only on Windows 7 PC´s.

Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 11 Jun 2018, 01:33 PM
Hello Axel,

The tricky part is that you need to enable the DPI on an application level (add manifest) and then disable the automatic scaling with the property (in your main form):
public partial class RadForm1 : Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadForm
{
    public RadForm1()
    {
        RadControl.EnableDpiScaling = false;
        InitializeComponent();
    }
}

Could you please try this approach and let me know it works for you? Perhaps you could include some before/after screenshots as well.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Dimitar
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Axel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Jun 2018, 06:48 AM

Hey,

thank you, after implementing the suggested changes it is now working as expected, we tested it with the Version 2018.2.515.40.

Attached some comparison screenshots (I did some anonymisations with the white boxes).

All were taken on Windows 7 machines with 150% Text scaling

2017.1.221.40 <- good behavior without any changes

2017.3.1017 <- bad behavior without any changes

2018.2.515.40 <- good behavior with your suggested changes

Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 13 Jun 2018, 12:12 PM
Hi Axel,

I am glad that you are satisfied with the result. However, the application still looks scaled to me. If you want us to further investigate this consider creating a support ticket and attaching your project. 

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have other questions.

Regards,
Dimitar
Progress Telerik
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Eric
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimitar
Telerik team
Axel
Top achievements
Rank 1