This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Filter row not working for Client Template

3 Answers 1321 Views
Filter
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Visvak Prasanth
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Visvak Prasanth asked on 15 May 2020, 04:59 PM
Hi ,

I am using the Filter row in my grid, it works fine if there are no client template. but if there are any client template it gives error.
@(Html.Kendo().Grid<Document>()
                        .SetDefaults()
                        .Name("gridDocuments")
                        .Groupable()
                        .Editable(editable => editable.Mode(GridEditMode.InLine))
                        .Events(x => x.DataBinding("OnDataBound").Edit("EditGrid"))
                        .Columns(columns =>
                        {
                            columns.Bound(x=>x.CategoryCode).Filterable(false).ClientTemplate(#=data.CategoryDescription#").EditorTemplateName("CategoryTypeMultiselect"); 
                            columns.Bound(x => x.AssetTag).Filterable(ftb => ftb.Cell(cell => cell.Operator("contains").SuggestionOperator(FilterType.Contains)));
                            columns.Command(command =>
                            {
                                command.Edit().Text(" ").CancelText(" ").UpdateText(" ");
                                command.Custom("Del").Text("<span class='k-icon k-i-delete'></span>").Click("PageGridDelClicked");
                            }).Width("3%").HtmlAttributes(new { style = "text-align:center;background:#=RowColor#" });
                        })
                        .Selectable(selectable => selectable
                        .Mode(GridSelectionMode.Multiple).Type(GridSelectionType.Cell))
                        .Navigatable()
                        .Filterable(ftb => ftb.Mode(GridFilterMode.Row))
                        .DataSource(dataSource => dataSource
                        .SetDefaults()
                        .PageSize(20)
                        .Model(model =>
                        {
                            model.Id(p => p.Id);
                            model.Field(p => p.AssetTag).Editable(false);
                            model.Field(p => p.CategoryType).Editable(true);
                        })
                        .Read(x => x.Action("GetSelectedData", "Assets", new { CacheKey = PageUID }).Data("getAssetId"))
                        .Update(x => x.Action("UpdateDocuments", "Assets", new { CacheKey = PageUID }).Data("getAssetId"))))
if i enable filter for Categorycode i am getting error.
Please suggest me how to use the Filter row when we have ClientTemplate in the column.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tsvetomir
Telerik team
answered on 19 May 2020, 12:45 PM

Hi Visvak, 

The filter mechanism of the Telerik UI Grid actually applies the value from the filter cell to the field that the column is bound to. That is why the ClientTemplate is used only for visual purposes and not executing data operations based on those values.

What I can recommend is that you intercept the Filter event of the grid and manually modify the filter expression that is about to be applied to the data source.

Alternatively, you could introduce a foreign key column that would match the code to the text and will render a DropDownList that could be used for filtering:

https://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-mvc/grid/foreignkeycolumn

Regards,
Tsvetomir
Progress Telerik

Progress is here for your business, like always. Read more about the measures we are taking to ensure business continuity and help fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our thoughts here at Progress are with those affected by the outbreak.
Visvak Prasanth
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
answered on 22 Jun 2020, 03:23 PM

Hi Tsvetomir,

I was able to fix that issue, i faced an issue like column values have html "<br />" when we type the search the "<br />"  is displayed in the filter. can eliminate that.

I have attached the Screen shot of the issue.

Please guide me to fix that issue .

Tsvetomir
Telerik team
answered on 24 Jun 2020, 09:17 AM

Hi Visvak,

Since the items in the filter menu are escaping the HTML from the elements, you should create an item template that would render the elements accordingly:

columns.Bound(x => x.ProductName).Filterable(ftb=>ftb.Multi(true).ItemTemplate("itemTemplate"));

And the function handler (note, you should alternate the ProductName to the property name of the column in your grid):

function  itemTemplate(e) {
                    return "<li class='k-item'><label><input type='checkbox' name='" + e.field + "' value='#= data.ProductName#'/><span>#= data.ProductName|| data.all #</span></label></li>"
                }

I hope you find this helpful.

Kind regards,
Tsvetomir
Progress Telerik

Progress is here for your business, like always. Read more about the measures we are taking to ensure business continuity and help fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our thoughts here at Progress are with those affected by the outbreak.
Tags
Filter
Asked by
Visvak Prasanth
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Answers by
Tsvetomir
Telerik team
Visvak Prasanth
Top achievements