Filter menu not showing when using ColumnMenu on Kendo Ui Grid

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Richard
    Richard avatar
    31 posts
    Member since:
    Jan 2017

    Posted 23 Oct 2017 Link to this post

    I have the Column Menu on my grid to allow users to lock some columns.  However, when I use the columnMenu the filter option shows with the arrow next to it but the sub menu for the filter does not show at all.  Any idea what I am doing wrong? I am using version 2017.3.913.

    Here is my grid code:

    @model IEnumerable<Saturn.Models.ListData>
    <div class="BordRSolThin">
    .Name(componentName: "EditGrid")
    .DataSource(dataSource => dataSource
    .Read(read => read.Action(actionName: "EditGrid_Read", controllerName: "List")
    .PageSize(pageSize: 500)
    .Columns(columns =>
    columns.Command(command => command.Custom(name: "Edit").Click(handler: "editRevision")).Width(pixelWidth: 75).Locked(true).Lockable(false);
    columns.Bound(p => p.CoreID).Title(text: "CoreID").Width(pixelWidth: 100);
    columns.Bound(p => p.ProjID).Title(text: "ProjID").Width(pixelWidth: 100);
    columns.Bound(p => p.ListRev).Title(text: "ListRev").Width(pixelWidth: 100);
    columns.Bound(p => p.SYSID).Title(text: "SYSID").Width(pixelWidth: 100).Locked(true).Lockable(true);
    columns.Bound(p => p.FGrp).Title(text: "FGrp").Width(pixelWidth: 300);
    columns.Bound(p => p.REDUND).Title(text: "REDUND").Width(pixelWidth: 100);
    columns.Bound(p => p.NAME).Title(text: "NAME").Width(pixelWidth: 550).Lockable(true);
    columns.Bound(p => p.PlanName).Title(text: "PlanName").Width(pixelWidth: 250).Lockable(true);
    columns.Bound(p => p.BarrelType).Title(text: "BarrelType").Width(pixelWidth: 100).Lockable(true);
    columns.Bound(p => p.TickNo).Title(text: "TickNo").Width(pixelWidth: 100);                                
    .Pageable(pageable => pageable
    .Input(enabled: true)
    .Numeric(enabled: false)
    .Refresh(enabled: true)
    .Scrollable(scr => scr.Height(pixelHeight: 700))




  2. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    665 posts

    Posted 25 Oct 2017 Link to this post

    Hello Richard,

    Since the provided information is insufficient to find out what is causing the issue, more detailed information on the configuration will be appreciated. Also, could you please make sure that there are not JavaScript errors in the DevTools (F12) of your browser?

    In case there are no errors, could you please send me the project itself or a runnable isolated sample where the issue occurs? Since I could not reproduce the issue on my end. Once I can investigate the behavior locally I will be able to provide more to the point solution. 

    Thanks in advance for your cooperation. I am looking forward to your reply.

    Progress Telerik
    Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
  3. Richard
    Richard avatar
    31 posts
    Member since:
    Jan 2017

    Posted 25 Oct 2017 in reply to Georgi Link to this post

    Thanks for your reply.  I finally figured out the issue this morning and it is all working correctly now.  What I ended up doing that fixed it was updating my JQuery from 1.10.2 to 3.2.1.  Not sure how I had gotten that far behind on JQuery. 

    Thanks.  You guys are awesome!

Back to Top