This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Filter icon is gone after updater Kendo to 2019.2.619

4 Answers 773 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Pierre
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Pierre asked on 04 Nov 2019, 05:35 PM

Hi, All my filter icon (k.filter) in all my gris is gone. 

No square or wrong symbol, just nothing. The button is there, if I blind clic on the filter, the filter menu open. I am using the Balck theme.

Here my CSS bundle

bundles.Add(new StyleBundle("~/Content/kendo")
                .Include("~/Content/kendo/kendo.common.min.css",
                         "~/Content/kendo/kendo.black.min.css",
                         "~/Content/kendo/kendo.dataviz.black.min.css"));

Here my js bundle

Bundle kendoBundle = new ScriptBundle("~/bundles/kendo")
                .Include("~/Scripts/kendo/kendo.all.min.js")
                .Include("~/Scripts/kendo/kendo.aspnetmvc.min.js")
                .Include("~/Scripts/kendo/cultures/kendo.culture.fr-CA.min.js")
                .Include("~/Scripts/kendo/messages/kendo.messages.fr-CA.min.js")
                .Include("~/Scripts/kendo/kendo.dataviz.chart.min.js");

In the Content\kendo CSS folder, I go an BLACK, FONT, TEXTUTES ans the kendo css file. All updated to the 2019.2.619 version.

Any idea? All the rest is working

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivan Danchev
Telerik team
answered on 06 Nov 2019, 12:25 PM

Hello Pierre,

Check whether removing any custom CSS applied to the page makes the icon appear. It might include a CSS rule that overrides default Kendo UI styles, which would explain why the icon is not displayed.

I am attaching a sample runnable project and you can inspect it. The Grid is declared in the Index view and the Black theme is added through a bundle. At my end the filter icon is displayed as expected: screenshot. Note that the kendo folder in Content contains all the folders and files from the styles folder copied from the telerik.ui.for.aspnetmvc archive (see the Local Files section of the documentation for the complete chain of steps for including the Kendo UI client-side resources).

Regards,
Ivan Danchev
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Pierre
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
answered on 06 Nov 2019, 03:29 PM

Thanks for the reply,

I try to remove all custom CSS or JS code but I got the same problem. All kendo icon like k-filter, k-edit disapears.

Not error in the netrwork tag, not file not found nothing. Do we have a way to pin point were the problem may be located because I do not receive any errors.

Pierre
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
answered on 06 Nov 2019, 07:45 PM

More information after restoring my code back.

I lost all the kendo icon when I update the kendo.black.min.css and kendo.common.min.css to the lastest version.If i update all my JS code to the 2019.3.1023 and keep the v2015.3.930 CSS file all icon work correctly.

I think something wrong with thte sprite in the /Black folder? In the old kendo.black.min.css I got this code .k-tool-icon{background-image:url('Black/sprite.png')} referencing the sprite.png. But this code is not present on the new version.

Any idea?

Ivan Danchev
Telerik team
answered on 07 Nov 2019, 06:48 PM

Pierre,

Did you try the sample project I attached? Does the Grid icons appear correctly when running it?

With regard to changes to the icons, there has been a significant change in R1 2017 when we introduced Web Font Icons. Thus the new Grid icons are actually glyphs. Check the following article about missing glyphs: https://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/knowledge-base/mvc-missing-glyphs

Have you followed all the steps from the previously linked Local Files documentation section? More precisely, have you copied and then renamed (to kendo) the styles folder from the archive to your project?

Regards,
Ivan Danchev
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Pierre
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Answers by
Ivan Danchev
Telerik team
Pierre