This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Feature request

3 Answers 99 Views
TreeView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
hwsoderlund
Top achievements
Rank 1
hwsoderlund asked on 16 Oct 2008, 12:38 PM
I would like to raise the need for easier access to the nodes of the treeview component, even the ones that have not yet been generated by the ItemContainerGenerator. At the moment it is cumbersome, to say the least, to do things like expanding the tree to a specific node programmatically or selecting a specific node. There is some discussion in this thread: http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-bkegmg.aspx

I'm not sure exactly how you should address the problem, but I know that at the moment it is far too complicated to perform these rather simple tasks. Is it possible to add an option for turning off virtualization altogether?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Valentin.Stoychev
Telerik team
answered on 16 Oct 2008, 02:23 PM
Hi Henrik,

I absolutely agree with you that an easier way is needed.

Let's move the discussion here, and to make sure that we are all on the same track, so we can have this implemented in the best way for the official release.

So the scenario that need to be adressed is:

You have a reference to the data Item and you want to get a reference to the ItemContainer (e.g. the RadTreeViewItem instance), so you can do some specific actions over the container - e.g. Select, Check, Expand, etc..

To do this you can use the ContainerFromItemRecursive method, but it will not work for items that are not yet generated. We need a way to remove this limitation.

Is this the correct scenario of the problem?

Sincerely yours,
Valentin.Stoychev
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
hwsoderlund
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Oct 2008, 10:54 AM
Yes, that is exactly it.
Valentin.Stoychev
Telerik team
answered on 31 Oct 2008, 08:32 AM
Tags
TreeView
Asked by
hwsoderlund