Failed to create component "RadRibbonBar"

3 posts, 1 answers
  1. Bryan
    Bryan avatar
    3 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2009

    Posted 28 Apr 2009 Link to this post

    I just downloaded the latest trial copy of the Telerik components and tried to create a basic UI. When I dropped a "RadRibbonButton" onto my form I got the following error in Visual Studio (2008, 35SP1)

    Failed to create component "RadRibbonButton". The error message follows:
    System.NullReferenceException: Object not set... at:
    Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadRibbonBar.get_QuickAccessToolBarItems()'

    Any ideas how to resolve this?

  2. Answer
    Deyan
    Admin
    Deyan avatar
    2147 posts

    Posted 29 Apr 2009 Link to this post

    Hi Bryan,

    Thanks for contacting us.

    Since we do not have a RadRibbonButton component in our suite, I guess you tried to use the RadRibbonBar and got this exception.

    However, I have investigated the case and was not able to reproduce this exception. Please note that if you have installed previous versions of our product, you will have to uninstall them and make sure that all assemblies have been removed before installing a newer version. It is a common case that older DLLs cause exceptions when newer versions are installed.

    I recommend you uninstall your current version, make sure that all assemblies from the Global Assembly Cache which names start with Telerik.WinControls.*  and the assembly TelerikCommon are removed and after that start a new, fresh installation of RadContols for WinForms.

    This should solve the issue that you have experienced.

    Do not hesitate to get back to me in case you further experience any impediments.

    Greetings,
    Deyan
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
  3. Bryan
    Bryan avatar
    3 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2009

    Posted 29 Apr 2009 Link to this post

    Thanks. I removed everything and then checked the GAC to make sure nothing remained. Re-installed and it looks good so far. Thanks.

    Bryan
Back to Top