Export Grid to Excel

0 Answers 18 Views
Grid
Snorre Garmann
Top achievements
Rank 1
Snorre Garmann asked on 05 Mar 2024, 02:46 PM

I'm trying to export a grid to Excel, and I have followed the Telerik example:

https://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-mvc/grid/excel-export?autoRun=true&theme=default-main

But what I cannot manage to do is to prevent a call to excel_export_read when clicking the Export to Excel button. In Chrome Devtools I can see that also the official Telerik example calls this method a second time when clicking, but I was under the impression that the component would try to create the excel file client side. Is this not possible?

Here is my code:

@(Html.Kendo().Grid<CampaignSimulationResult>()
    .Name("SimulateResult")
    .ToolBar(tools => tools.Excel())
    .DefaultSettings()
    .Columns(column =>
        {
            column.Bound(m => m.Region).HeaderHtmlAttributes(new { style = "text-align:center" })
                .HtmlAttributes(new { style = "text-align: center" });
            column.Bound(m => m.ParameterID).Format("{0:##,#}").HtmlAttributes(new { style = "text-align: right" }).HeaderHtmlAttributes(new { style = "text-align:center" });
            column.Bound(m => m.Parameter).HtmlAttributes(new { style = "white-space: nowrap;" }).HeaderHtmlAttributes(new { style = "text-align:center" });
        }
    ).Excel(excel => excel
        .FileName("Kendo UI Grid Export.xlsx")
        .Filterable(true)
    )
    .DataSource(dataSource => dataSource
        .Ajax()
        .Read(read => read.Action("ExcelExportRead", "Campaign", new RouteValueDictionary { { "area", "Admin" } }))
    )
)

Snorre Garmann
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 06 Mar 2024, 06:27 AM

I figured this out. I had to add ServerOperation(false) to the DataSource:

.DataSource(dataSource => dataSource
        .Ajax()
        .Read(read => read.Action("ExcelExportRead", "Campaign", new RouteValueDictionary { { "area", "Admin" } }))
        .ServerOperation(false)

No answers yet. Maybe you can help?

Tags
Grid
Asked by
Snorre Garmann
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question
or