This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Export Excel problem

7 Answers 432 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
lin
Top achievements
Rank 1
lin asked on 30 Aug 2018, 01:26 AM
Excuse me, some users will not be able to open the Excel exported by Telerik, which will prompt the following error. How do we deal with this problem?

Thank you!

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Todor
Telerik team
answered on 03 Sep 2018, 02:29 PM
Hello lin,

Could you check whether the issue is reproducible with Excel files generated with our online demos.
Note that the reports will be exported to XLSX and XLS formats according to the rules described in Design Considerations for Excel Rendering help article.

Consider opening a support ticket and sending us a sample runnable report definition reproducing the problem, together with the corresponding exported Excel files for local investigation.

Regards,
Todor
Progress Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
lin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Sep 2018, 03:09 AM

Thank you for your answer,

I exported a excel from the online demo, with the same problem.

I have analyzed this problem and found that there are several custom formats of excel that are not recognized. Please look at picture 1 .

This problem occurred after a Microsoft update on August 13, and it would not have happened until then. The update package was KB4032241 (Office 2013).

If you have any solution, please let me know as soon as possible.

Thank you!

Ivan Hristov
Telerik team
answered on 07 Sep 2018, 01:38 PM
Hello,

Thank you for reporting the details about the update. We will try to install the update in question on our side and see if the issue is reproducible. Our engine produces XLSX files according to ECMA 376 standards using the OpenXML library provided by Microsoft. If they have introduced some breaking changes especially for Office 2013, we'll do some research to determine if the changes will be applied to the other MS Office versions as well. If necessary, we'll consider introducing corresponding changes in future versions of our product.

Regards,
Ivan Hristov
Progress Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
lin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Sep 2018, 02:01 AM

Hello,

Is there a solution to this problem, please? Now more user feedback EXCEL can not be opened or data lost.

lin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Sep 2018, 02:02 AM

Hello,

Is there a solution to this problem, please? Now more user feedback EXCEL can not be opened or data lost.

Ivan Hristov
Telerik team
answered on 24 Sep 2018, 05:24 PM
Hi Lin,

I was able to reproduce the problem with the custom formats (specifically the expression "$"#,##0_);[Red]("$"#,##0) ) also in newer versions of Excel. The problem is that the custom exception string is not passed directly to the Excel file as is, but is escaped in order to cover different custom formats scenarios instead.

The issue will be logged in our system for further examination and improvement. Unfortunately I can't currently suggest a workaround except avoiding to use such expressions in the documents.

We would like to thank you for reporting this issue. As a token of gratitude your Telerik Points have been updated.

Regards,
Ivan Hristov
Progress Telerik
XBlue
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Feb 2019, 08:54 AM

hi,

is there any solution about this problem? i'm also facing the same problem after install the same package from microsoft.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
lin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Todor
Telerik team
lin
Top achievements
Rank 1