I believe that the missing cell issue has been fixed. I did a test with Kendo UI from 2015 before the fix was pushed by my colleague following the steps Cornel mentions, i.e.
- add an additional grouping by 'Product Name' then under column 'Units On Order', there will be 2 rows of aggregates for Average.
- when exported to excel the Average cell is offset to the left and appears under 'Unit Price' column instead of 'Units On Order'
Result in Excel:
If you test the same grid with the current version, the output is as expected:
Here is the demo with the latest version I used:
For the complete list of cell properties, please check the Kendo UI Workbook namespace:
Finally, if you are referring to the cell alignment - the default excel behaviour is to align text to the left and numbers to the right based on their type:
Telerik by Progress