This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Errors after upgrading to Q1 2013

11 Answers 697 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 2
Dan asked on 19 Mar 2013, 08:22 PM
I have just upgraded to Q1 2013 of Reporting and I have lots of errors in the .Designer.cs files such as:

formattingRule1.Filters.AddRange(new Telerik.Reporting.Data.Filter[] {new Telerik.Reporting.Data.Filter("RowNumber()%2", Telerik.Reporting.Data.FilterOperator.Equal, "=1")});

The best overloaded method match for 'Telerik.Reporting.FilterCollection.AddRange (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Telerik.Reporting.Filter>)' has some invalid arguments
-------
Argument 1: cannot convert from 'Filter[]' to 'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Telerik.Reporting.Filter>'
-------
The type or namespace name 'Filter' does not exist in the namespace 'Telerik.Reporting.Data' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Am I missing a dll reference?

Dan

11 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Mar 2013, 10:10 AM
I've a feeling its all moved to just telerik.reporting (remove the .filters)?  but i aint no expert
Accepted
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 20 Mar 2013, 12:05 PM
Hello Dan,

In Q1 2013 we have removed the obsolete properties in question. Generally changed API in the designer is best handled manually by opening a report in the report designer and making a small change e.g. turn on/off the report snap grid, move a textbox a little etc and the report would be serialized with the new proper API without any need for manual intervention. However this will only work for types that are obsolete and not yet removed. Thus our suggestion is to downgrade to a previous official release for example Q3 2012 SP1 , for the downgrade process you can still use the upgrade wizard. After the successful downgrade and project build you have to update the obsolete code as instructed and then you can successfully upgrade to Telerik Reporting Q1 2013 release.

Generally prior removing any types or properties we keep them obsolete for several Qs. Thus our suggestion is after an upgrade to check the project build warning and to handle any obsolete code warnings.

All the best,
Peter
the Telerik team

Telerik Reporting Q1 2013 available for download with impressive new visualizations. Download today from your account.

Dan
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 20 Mar 2013, 12:26 PM
Wow!
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 20 Mar 2013, 02:11 PM
I did the downgrade, compile, upgrade.  That fixed it.  Thanks!

Dan
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Jul 2013, 01:08 PM
I'd like to add to this particular thread as I am having the same issue.  I'm trying to revive a prototype and have managed to get up to release Q1 2012 (6.0.12.215).  When I build the report project, there are no warnings that any of the pending obsolete properties, yet at Q1 2013 I am presented with a few hundred errors based on issues such as: 'Telerik.Reporting.GroupingCollection.AddRange(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Telerik.Reporting.Grouping>)'

The point is, the upgrade wizard and build advisements may not be nearly as forgiving or informative as you posit.

In my specific situation I have to try to find an interim distribution to see if I can mitigate the changes.  This becomes a challenge as (at least to my knowledge) Telerik does not make previous versions readily available.
Squall
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Jul 2013, 03:32 PM
@Mark

Have you tried as Peter said to upgrade first to Q3 2012 SP1 and then to Q1 2013?
James
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Jul 2013, 05:50 PM
I have run into the same issue with this, except that cannot download the 2012 version. All I have available is 2 different 2013 builds.
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Jul 2013, 05:56 PM
@Squall It would seem you missed my point.  Unfortunately all releases are not always readily available so while the process itself may be straight forward, the bits may not be accessible.

To Telerik's credit, however, they seem to try and be accommodating when it is reasonable and they are able - even in unusual circumstances. 
James
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Jul 2013, 03:08 PM
@James

Use this page to download older releases.
James
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Jul 2013, 09:08 PM
I was able to get in touch with tech support and they were able to get the older version on my available downloads.

I am still having some trouble using a ReportBook. The migration page doesn't cover this topic.

http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/reporting/general/q2-2012-api-changes-reportsources.aspx#reportprocessor
James
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Jul 2013, 05:24 PM
After a few minutes more fiddling around I figured it out.

You can set a report book as an ReportInstanceSource.

Which resolves all the issues I've run into with this.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
Peter
Telerik team