This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Error on build

3 Answers 100 Views
AppBuilder extension for Visual Studio
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Satinder
Top achievements
Rank 1
Satinder asked on 11 Nov 2014, 02:39 PM
Hi All,

From last week my code when deployed to App builder companion breaks (works OK in simulator). I tried to create a build and getting below error.
I have spend a lot of time to figure this out but unable to pin point the problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Platform=iOS
MobileProvisionIdentifier=3d38d6c3-7696-47d4-9cde-2e70aa2abb5b
iOSCodesigningIdentity=iPhone Developer Satinder Varma (52Q6V688MH)
AndroidCodesigningIdentity=
Configuration=Release
WP8CompanyHubApp=
BuildForiOSSimulator=
LiveSyncToken=URtQvp+nZ763UP6XOtkb0LCIbFvgDyMrXi2ldEtQPU4JTAxR1ygykfOnLI2cijP2jVWr6gp9ghXwckMTdZH/C2iaGQR5QMPNldZxUBIFobdv6/S136D4qOhj856sWucr.
C:\Users\Satinder\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\12.0\Extensions\lhoe0twq.ba5\Targets\Build.targets(185,3): error : Server build failed. Server output: Project "BackRoadsApp.tmp.proj" (default targets):
iOS Build Tooling revision 2014.10.23.3

Error: ls: /tmp/c9b8585aa1d14b2c8080e9e996615165/Cordova350/Resources/splash: No such file or directory

path.js:313
throw new TypeError('Arguments to path.resolve must be strings');
^
TypeError: Arguments to path.resolve must be strings
at Object.exports.resolve (path.js:313:15)
at Object.<anonymous> (/Users/builder/BpcTooling/Cordova3/node_modules/cordova-build-utils/bin/pbxmanipular:21:21)
at Module._compile (module.js:456:26)
at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:474:10)
at Module.load (module.js:356:32)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:312:12)
at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:497:10)
at startup (node.js:119:16)
at node.js:901:3

Done building project "BackRoadsApp.tmp.proj" -- FAILED.
Done building project "BackRoadsApp.iceproj" -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Zdravko
Telerik team
answered on 14 Nov 2014, 12:38 PM
Hi Satinder,

Thanks for the provided details.

Would you please elaborate a bit more what does it happen when you deploy your app on AppBuilder companion app?

Does the app crash or it just does not represent the content?

Notice that the Simulator and companion app testing might differ from a real device deployment because they both have some limitations.
The ultimate testing scenario will be deployment on real device by using "Build and deploy" command when the device is connected to the workstation and "Build in cloud" > [Platform] > App package for a remote device deployment.
Once we have fixed your build error I recommend deploying your app on actual device by using the first option above so you can debug it if needed.

Regarding the build error you have reported, it normally happens when invalid characters have been used in the Application Identifier text box so please check this requirement. I know the error doesn't say so but we are going to improve that.
Notice that if you use any wildcard provisioning you will have to replace the '*' symbol with some string.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,
Zdravko
Telerik

Visit the Telerik Verified Plugins Marketplace and get the custom Cordova plugin you need, already tweaked to work seamlessly with AppBuilder.

Satinder
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Nov 2014, 10:10 AM
Thanks Zdravko,

the problem was *.

The code is building but I am still getting error when I deploy using cloud. But If I connect the cable the application loads correctly.
Really appreciate if you help me resolve this. If there is any problem is my code it should not work with the cable also, am I missing anything here ?

PS: I have also raised a support ticket for this issue.

Regards,
Satinder
Zdravko
Telerik team
answered on 21 Nov 2014, 10:32 AM
Hello Satinder,

I will reply to you in the other ticket raised as I might need to share some private information.

Regards,
Zdravko
Telerik

Visit the Telerik Verified Plugins Marketplace and get the custom Cordova plugin you need, already tweaked to work seamlessly with AppBuilder.

Tags
AppBuilder extension for Visual Studio
Asked by
Satinder
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Zdravko
Telerik team
Satinder
Top achievements
Rank 1