Error after upgrading to 2023.1.314

2 Answers 2606 Views
Grid Spreadsheet
VISHAAL
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
VISHAAL asked on 15 Mar 2023, 09:17 PM | edited on 16 Mar 2023, 05:48 PM

I used the upgrade wizard to download the latest version and I'm getting this error message on pages that have the components:

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.SvgIcons, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=20b4b0547069c4f8' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

JAEHO
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
commented on 16 Mar 2023, 07:47 AM

I'm having the same problem.

Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 21 Mar 2023, 01:49 AM

This absolutely needs to be address by devs. Four days without a response is not acceptable, every MVC update keeps having issues that leave projects broken in one way or another. It is not acceptable to have a release update pushed that just does not work. 
Ivan Danchev
Telerik team
commented on 23 Mar 2023, 09:06 AM

Hello,

Jaeho's post from 16 March is correct. Installing the two missing packages will resolve the exception:
Telerik.FontIcons
Telerik.SvgIcons

The exception is a known issue in version 2023.1.314. With the new version the 2 new packages are supposed to be added to the project after running the Upgrade Wizard: Telerik.FontIcons and Telerik.SvgIcons. The team working on our Visual Studio extensions will fix the problem, so that the packages are properly added by the Upgrade Wizard itself. But until a fix becomes available the error can be resolved by installing the packages from the NuGet package manager manually.

Russell
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 29 Mar 2023, 06:25 PM

I like Telerik products, but come on guys, this is terrible!
StuartLittle
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 30 Mar 2023, 12:20 PM

@Ivan Danchev

Do you have a timeline on when this will be fixed?

I dont know why there is a need to install SvgIcons. In any case, I am trying to install it but am curious why is it dependent on these many dependencies? Something doesnt feel correct. Can you please provide your inputs. Thank you.

Les
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 31 Mar 2023, 08:03 PM

It does seem that the FontIcons and SvgIcons do run without any of the 32 depencies:  System.*.4.3.0.dlls, Microsoft.NetCore1.10, Mircosoft.Win32.Primitives or NETStandard 1.6.1.
Ivan Danchev
Telerik team
commented on 03 Apr 2023, 04:11 PM

The Telerik.SvgIcons package contains type definitions and metadata for the svg icons that were introduced in the suite in R1 2023 SP1. For more details on the support of svg icons, refer to this article: https://docs.telerik.com/aspnet-mvc/styles-and-layout/sass-themes/svg-icons

The Telerik.SvgIcons package depends on .NetStandard v1.1 (see the attached screenshot)

The fix will be added with an update of the Extension in the VS Marketplace: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=TelerikInc.ProgressTelerikASPNETMVCVSExtensions
However, currently we have no specific date to share yet.

Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 30 Jul 2023, 08:03 PM

This is still an issue with the 2023.2.718 release. Telerik.UI.for.AspNet.Mvc5.2023.2.718.nupkg does not declare these new dependencies in the .nuspec file.
Ivan Danchev
Telerik team
commented on 02 Aug 2023, 03:02 PM

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for reporting the missing dependencies in the .nuspec file. We've logged it and will update the dependencies.
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 02 Aug 2023, 10:24 PM

I am unable to install  the Telerik.SvgIcons and the Telerik.FontIcons packages because they cannot install System.Net.Http.  This breaks my entire app.  How can I install this w/o all of the dependencies?

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
JAEHO
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 16 Mar 2023, 07:57 AM | edited on 16 Mar 2023, 08:01 AM

Installing the following via the nuget package solved it for me.

Telerik.FontIcons, Telerik.SvgIcons 

PakageManager Command:

Install-Package Telerik.FontIcons -Version 1.0.2

Install-Package Telerik.SvgIcons -Version 1.0.2

or Nuget  Packeage Manager 

VISHAAL
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 16 Mar 2023, 05:21 PM

More errors, this time with spreadsheets.

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.Spreadsheet, Version=2023.1.314.40, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

VISHAAL
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
commented on 16 Mar 2023, 05:53 PM

I think I'm just going to have to roll back. This is too unstable.
JAEHO
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
commented on 17 Mar 2023, 01:43 AM

Just add a reference.
The file can be found in the installed folder.
The default installed path is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Progress\Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC R1 2023\spreadsheet\binaries\net40

The language is Korean, but the location is thought to be the same.

VISHAAL
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
commented on 18 Apr 2023, 02:09 PM

I tried this and it still doesn't work when I publish my application. Looks like I'll have to continue holding off on updating to the latest version.

If anyone knows any good alternatives to Telerik, let me know. I only use the Grid, Spreadsheet and File Upload.

JAEHO
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
commented on 18 Apr 2023, 03:22 PM

I don't know if I can solve it well, but if you let me know, I'll think about it together.
Ivan Danchev
Telerik team
commented on 20 Apr 2023, 01:07 PM

Vishaal,

We recommend upgrading the Telerik Visual Studio Extension. You can find the latest version of the extension for Visual Studio 2022 here: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=TelerikInc.ProgressTelerikASPNETMVCVSExtensions

Close all Visual Studio instances, download the installer and run it. It will update the Visual Studio extension.

If afterwards you still face any issues with the Upgrade Wizard, please provide more details on what exactly does not work and what exception you get.

VISHAAL
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
commented on 20 Apr 2023, 02:06 PM

I have the latest version of the extension.

I upgraded using the wizard. Everything works fine on my local machine while debugging.

I used my webdeploy process to publish the application.

I have a feature in my application that allows you to use the File Upload and parse an Excel file. This is the error message I get:

--

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.Spreadsheet, Version=2023.1.314.40, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

--

• This was not an error before the upgrade.
  • I can revert the upgrade and it works perfectly.
Ivan Danchev
Telerik team
commented on 24 Apr 2023, 12:35 PM

Vishaal,

This is a standard System.IO.FileLoadException error thrown by the MVC framework. You can find suggestions on how to fix it in this thread in Microsoft's forums: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0ad5f2d0-3a58-4a60-98a0-ed4f7b554cbc/mvc5-web-app-runtime-error-could-not-load-file-or-assembly-systemwebmvc-or-one-of-its?forum=aspmvc

You can also check out this stackoverflow thread, where additional suggestions are provided: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41161643/could-not-load-file-or-assembly-or-one-of-its-dependencies-after-publish

Tags
Grid Spreadsheet
Asked by
VISHAAL
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Answers by
JAEHO
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron