This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

EditorFor 2014 Q2 not functioning

5 Answers 80 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jon asked on 19 Aug 2014, 06:40 PM

@Html.TextAreaFor(m=>m.TermSheet)
<br/>
@Html.Kendo().EditorFor(m => m.TermSheet).HtmlAttributes(new { style = "width: 740px;height:440px" }).Encode(false)

Users complained that the Terms editor was no longer working, so while debuggging I added the TextAreaFor to ensure that data was in fact getting to the controls.  Using firebug only error that seems to be displayed is  : TypeError: a.browser is undefined .. which i've seen for quite a while.

The debugger says: jquery-1.7.1.min.js, jquery-ui-1.8.17.custom.min.js, jquery.min.js, jquery.validate.min.js, jquery.validate.unobtrusive.min.js, kendo.mondernizer.custom.js, kendo.aspnetmvc.min.js

The editor will not allow anything to be typed into the area.  The toolbar buttons press but nothing happens.

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
answered on 20 Aug 2014, 07:28 AM
Hello Jon,

It appears that you are using an older version of jQuery -- the current release requires 1.9.x or newer, as listed in the JavaScript dependencies help topic. If that is not the case, please provide a sample that shows the problem.

Regards,
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Aug 2014, 06:23 AM
I updated my query to 1.9.1 and the problem persisted.  I was able to narrow the issue down to placement inside a Kendo.TabStrip()

If the editor is used inside a tabstrip then the data will not load and the area is unusable.  If instead I put the content of just that tab below the tabstrip then everything works fine.
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
answered on 21 Aug 2014, 08:28 AM
Hello Jon,

This is caused by a bug in the Q2 release that has been addressed since. Updating to the latest internal build should solve the problem.

Regards,
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

Mauro
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Sep 2014, 08:51 AM
Hello,
I have the same issue highlighted by Jon Masters.  I have Kendo Editor wrapper placed inside a Kendo Tabstrip and the editor area is unusable, unselectable and is not showing any data. (if I move the Editor outside the tabstrip everything works as expected). I updated to the latest internal build (Kendo UI v2014.2.905) as you recommended but I still have the same problem. (my jQuery version is 1.9.1)
The toolbar buttons press and the following error occurs: "TypeError: invalid 'in' operand window" occurring in kendo.all.js.

@{
string programma = Server.HtmlDecode(Model);
}

@{
Action<Kendo.Mvc.UI.Fluent.EditorToolFactory> columnTools = tools => tools
.Clear()
.Bold().Italic().Underline()
.InsertOrderedList().InsertUnorderedList()
.ViewHtml();
}

@(Html.Kendo().Editor()
.Name("EditorProgramma")
.Value(programma)
.Encode(true)
.HtmlAttributes(new { @class = "field", style = "width: 100%;height:440px" })
.Tools(columnTools)
)
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
answered on 10 Sep 2014, 09:23 AM
Hello Mauro,

Due to a change in the TabStrip rendering, it is now necessary to call the refresh editor method upon initialization. We are looking for ways to remove this necessity, but for now, use the approach in the attached solution.

Regards,
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik

Tags
Editor
Asked by
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1