I am building a VB.NET WinForms app and am using Telerik Controls for Winforms 2009 Q3. My users like the themes that ship with the controls with the exception of the fonts (which they want larger). My solution was to edit the themes (so they would be larger at design-time as opposed to updating them at runtime).
Here is what I did:
- Download the source code
- Update the font sizes (I just updated the font size of the Button, then changed the theme name to "TestAqua")
- Compile the theme
- Import the resulting dll into my app as a resource
- Set its build type to be embedded
- Build the app
- Add a RadThemeManager to a form (for now, RadThemeManager1)
- Add the theme to RadThemeManager1 (Change the location of the theme file, if needed)
- Build the app again
Next I expected to do be able to set a RadButton's theme to TestAqua, but that theme was not available. Nor would it work by setting it in code. As I stepped through the code, I discovered that RadThemeManager1.InstalledThemeNames had a size of 1 (good), but that theme name was set to Nothing (that seems bad).
One of the reasons we got Telerik controls was that we thought this would be easy to do (and it still seems like it should be easy), so I'm hoping that I'm just not leaning in the right direction when I hit enter, or something. :-)
PS If my original post shows up, sorry -- somehow it has not yet made it to the forum....