This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Duplicate component name

6 Answers 720 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Marius
Top achievements
Rank 1
Marius asked on 10 Jul 2012, 12:40 PM
Hello!
I upgraded the version of WinForms controls from v.2011.2.11.831 to 2012.2.608.20. In my project, i have a base form which is inherited by many others forms. The problem is that, on different forms, when i open the form designer i get errors for several controls: "Duplicate component name 'controlName'. Component names must be unique and case-insensitive.". In the GAC folders a have the dlls with correct version(2012), in the bin folders i replaced the old dlls and on the reference properties i have the correct version.
Is there something wrog? I have made the upgrade with the Telerik Upgrade Wizard from Visual Studio 2008.

I attached a screenshot.

Thank you!

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Petar
Telerik team
answered on 13 Jul 2012, 11:16 AM
Hi Marius,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing upgrade problems.

After upgrading did you try to build your solution? Can you try rebuilding the solution?

If this doesn't help I suggest you to open a formal support ticket and send us your project so that we can try to identify the exact reason for the problem.

All the best,
Petar
the Telerik team
RadControls for WinForms Q2'12 release is now live! Check out what's new or download a free trial >>
Marius
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Jul 2012, 03:00 PM
Thank you for your answer.
I was able to build the solution. Unfortunately, i can't send the project. Can you tell me what to check?
Petar
Telerik team
answered on 17 Jul 2012, 12:27 PM
Hi Marius,

You can attach the project to the support ticket that you have opened.

Greetings,
Petar
the Telerik team
RadControls for WinForms Q2'12 release is now live! Check out what's new or download a free trial >>
Alan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Feb 2014, 03:17 PM
This problem can occur for inherited forms based on RadForm controls when an existing project has the Telerik assemblies it needs to compile but the Telerik Controls are not installed in Visual Studio.

Petar
Telerik team
answered on 28 Feb 2014, 03:56 PM
Hello Alan,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Could you provide some more details regarding your scenario? What do you mean by Telerik Controls are not installed in Visual Studio?

Regards,
Petar
Telerik
Alan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Feb 2014, 04:25 PM
Note also if your form does not show in the designer, this might be resolved by changing the WindowState property of the Form .
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Marius
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Petar
Telerik team
Marius
Top achievements
Rank 1