This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Documentation

12 Answers 327 Views
Scheduler and Reminder
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Sophie
Top achievements
Rank 1
Sophie asked on 17 Nov 2008, 08:43 PM
Hi.
Now, I'm trying the Schedular with trial version, but it don't have documention...
Where is documention?

Thanks a lot

12 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Derek
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Nov 2008, 09:08 AM
I would also like to know, and how to use a datasource with the scheduler, i.e. read in entries from a table. Thanks.
Nick
Telerik team
answered on 18 Nov 2008, 04:11 PM
Hello guys,

Unfortunately, the documentation did not make it in the release, due to a glitch in the software we use. It will be available with the upcoming service pack. Sorry for the introduced inconvenience. We will be glad to answer any questions you may have until then.

Here is an extract of the future documentation:

Do not hesitate to write me back if you have more questions.

Regards,
Nick
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Sophie
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Nov 2008, 04:20 PM
Do you know when it will disponible?
Derek
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Nov 2008, 04:47 PM
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I can make my own database tables, but how would I save the Recurrence rule?  for example, I want to save "every thursday and friday at 3pm".  I can save "every day" but not specific days.

Thanks,
Derek.
Jordan
Telerik team
answered on 20 Nov 2008, 03:03 PM
Sophie:
The RadScheduler online documentation will be online on Monday next week at the latest. Again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I will update this thread as soon as the files are uploaded.

Derek:
The SchedulerBindingDataSource is still in its infancy and does not provide support for persisting recurrence rules into the data source. We are planning to implement this functionality similarly to our web scheduler control using iCalendar string representation for the Q1 2009 release. Until then you could try to extend the SchedulerBindingDataSource or implement your own provider with support for persisting the recurrence rules.

Do not hesitate to write me back if you have more questions.

Kind regards,
Jordan
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
answered on 24 Nov 2008, 08:57 AM
Hello guys,

We have uploaded the Scheduler documentation on the site - you can download it from the Documentation page or directly from here:
  • CHM (ZIP file containing individual CHMs for all products, 62MB). Latest Update: November 24, 2008
The browsable online version will be live shortly as well.

Your feedback is welcome.

Regards,
Vassil
the Telerik team

AT
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Dec 2008, 04:19 PM
Is there a way I can download the help for just the scheduler?  I would like to try this control but I am running out of time and may have to use another 3rd party control.

Thanks,

Mark
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 01 Dec 2008, 05:06 PM
Hi mmassey,

Thank you for the question.

You cannot download a help file just for one control, but you can download the whole ZIP file - there is a dedicated help file for the RadSchedluer.

Greetings,
Nikolay
the Telerik team

Derek
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Dec 2008, 11:29 AM
Hi, the documentation states that there is a sample database called SchedulerData.mdf in the examples/datasources folder, however I do not have this. Can you post a link to it?   

Thanks,
Derek.
Derek
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Dec 2008, 12:00 PM
Also when i set datasource and datamember properties to a data source, I run the application and then when I exit, these two properties are blank. 
Derek
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Dec 2008, 12:13 PM
Sorry, but what use is the Recurrence rule, if you can't save to the database?  Today I set up a recurrence rule, but when i go back into the application, there is no recurrence? 

Thanks for your help?
Jordan
Telerik team
answered on 12 Dec 2008, 01:57 PM
Hi Derek,

We plan significant improvements to the data binding functionality of RadScheduler for the Q1 2009 release, including built-in support for persisting recurrence rules.

Until then you could try extending the data binding provider with such functionality or implement a new one.

Kind regards,
Jordan
the Telerik team

Tags
Scheduler and Reminder
Asked by
Sophie
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Derek
Top achievements
Rank 1
Nick
Telerik team