Documentation

13 posts, 0 answers
  1. Sophie
    Sophie avatar
    8 posts

Posted 17 Nov 2008 Link to this post

Hi.
    Now, I'm trying the Schedular with trial version, but it don't have documention...
    Where is documention?

Thanks a lot
  2. Derek
    Derek avatar
    104 posts

Posted 18 Nov 2008 Link to this post

I would also like to know, and how to use a datasource with the scheduler, i.e. read in entries from a table. Thanks.
  3. Nick
    Admin
    Nick avatar
    767 posts

Hello guys,

Unfortunately, the documentation did not make it in the release, due to a glitch in the software we use. It will be available with the upcoming service pack. Sorry for the introduced inconvenience. We will be glad to answer any questions you may have until then.

Here is an extract of the future documentation:

Data Binding
    RadScheduler requires a model of data binding that targets highly customizable information storage and retrieval. For example, the information that defines the events has an obligatory part - a subject, a start time, and an end time entries, and customizable properties like recurrence rule, the recurrence state, and the recurrenceID. It can also include fields for any custom resources and attributes you want to include. If you are including custom resources, there must also be additional data binding to supply the scheduler with the possible values for each custom resource type.
    You can bind the scheduler to a DataProvider instance. There are two ways of binding RadScheduler to its data:
    •    Using the DataSource property. This method lets you bind the scheduler to any object that implements the IListSource or IEnumerable interface. However, when binding the scheduler in this way, you must either make the scheduler read-only, or implement the code to insert, update, and delete appointments using the RadScheduler events. When using the DataSource property, you can't assign multiple resource values to a single appointment.
    •    Using a Data Provider. This method is the most flexible, but also the most complicated to implement. This is the only method that lets you assign multiple resource values to a single appointment.

Using The Data Source Property
    RadScheduler has a DataSource property that lets you bind it to any object that inherits the base abstract SchedulerDataSource class. One such implementation is the SchedulerBindingDataSource. It handles binding to traditional data stores like BOL object lists and databases.
     The SchedulerBindingDataSource class has two properties: EventProvider and ResourceProvider that correspond to the provider instances of type EventBindingProvider and ResourceBindingProvider. The EventBindingProvider class is used to handle CRUD operations against an events data store, while ResourceBindingProvider class is used to handle the same against a resources data store. Both provider implementations are nested types to the SchedulerBindingDataSource class and are public. Also the base abstract class for binding providers – the BindingProviderBase<T> is nested as well.
    There are also two methods that return base type implementations of the providers:
    ISchedulerProvider<IEvent> GetEventProvider() and

ISchedulerProvider<IResource> GetResourceProvider().
    An integral and vital part of the providers logic is the Mapping property that requires instance implementing IMappingInfo interface. The IMappingInfo handles the property mappings. Property names from the data store are mapped to corresponding property names of the classes that RadScheduler uses to operate internally. For example a database field name from the table that handles the appointments information is mapped to the corresponding property of a object representing appointment inside the scheduler.

Do not hesitate to write me back if you have more questions.

Regards,
    Nick
    the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  4. Sophie
    Sophie avatar
    8 posts

Do you know when it will disponible?
  5. Derek
    Derek avatar
    104 posts

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I can make my own database tables, but how would I save the Recurrence rule?  for example, I want to save "every thursday and friday at 3pm".  I can save "every day" but not specific days.

Thanks,
    Derek.
  6. Jordan
    Admin
    Jordan avatar
    547 posts

Posted 20 Nov 2008 Link to this post

Sophie:
    The RadScheduler online documentation will be online on Monday next week at the latest. Again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I will update this thread as soon as the files are uploaded.

Derek:
    The SchedulerBindingDataSource is still in its infancy and does not provide support for persisting recurrence rules into the data source. We are planning to implement this functionality similarly to our web scheduler control using iCalendar string representation for the Q1 2009 release. Until then you could try to extend the SchedulerBindingDataSource or implement your own provider with support for persisting the recurrence rules.

Do not hesitate to write me back if you have more questions.

Kind regards,
    Jordan
    the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  7. Vassil Petev
    Admin
    Vassil Petev avatar
    1765 posts

Posted 24 Nov 2008 Link to this post

Hello guys,

We have uploaded the Scheduler documentation on the site - you can download it from the Documentation page or directly from here:
    • CHM (ZIP file containing individual CHMs for all products, 62MB). Latest Update: November 24, 2008
    The browsable online version will be live shortly as well.

Your feedback is welcome.

Regards,
    Vassil
    the Telerik team

8. AT
    AT avatar
    6 posts

Posted 01 Dec 2008 Link to this post

Is there a way I can download the help for just the scheduler?  I would like to try this control but I am running out of time and may have to use another 3rd party control.

Thanks,

Mark
  9. Nikolay
    Admin
    Nikolay avatar
    1805 posts

Posted 01 Dec 2008 Link to this post

Hi mmassey,

Thank you for the question.

You cannot download a help file just for one control, but you can download the whole ZIP file - there is a dedicated help file for the RadSchedluer.

Greetings,
    Nikolay
    the Telerik team

10. Derek
    Derek avatar
    104 posts

Posted 10 Dec 2008 Link to this post

Hi, the documentation states that there is a sample database called SchedulerData.mdf in the examples/datasources folder, however I do not have this. Can you post a link to it?   

Thanks,
    Derek.
  11. Derek
    Derek avatar
    104 posts

Also when i set datasource and datamember properties to a data source, I run the application and then when I exit, these two properties are blank. 
  12. Derek
    Derek avatar
    104 posts

Sorry, but what use is the Recurrence rule, if you can't save to the database?  Today I set up a recurrence rule, but when i go back into the application, there is no recurrence? 

Thanks for your help?
  13. Jordan
    Admin
    Jordan avatar
    547 posts

Posted 12 Dec 2008 Link to this post

Hi Derek,

We plan significant improvements to the data binding functionality of RadScheduler for the Q1 2009 release, including built-in support for persisting recurrence rules.

Until then you could try extending the data binding provider with such functionality or implement a new one.

Kind regards,
    Jordan
    the Telerik team