- Popup edit window: Ability to click a button and have that dataitem popup in an edit window to change the properties…and save them back. Difficulty: no grid.
- Complex remote binding: events\changes auto-save to a webservice instead of a “Save” button after many changes. So I can’t image if you add an item to an array you’d send the entire array back to the service to merge\delete\insert the changes? How does one keep the model synced to the remote data safely.
- Refreshing an array and\or the entire model with $.ajax response data.
- Sorting arrays
- Subscribing to change events on observables
- Binding to functions…like Knockout computed observables?...I don’t know when this works, doesn’t work…HOW it works, etc etc. Like I have a template bound to parent().parent().functionName seems okay, but then in a fiddle if I try and bind to a function and change the data, it doesn’t update. Need more insight into the framework.
- Nested template binding (with interaction)
- Complex interaction
So I do know the answers to some of these, I just would like docs\samples on these scenarios…I’m trying to move a couple people onto MVVM, but the current docs are pretty bad (please, no offense intended).
UNRELATED (the best kind of related):
Feature request: KnockoutJS has the mapping plugin to plug remote data into the model…right now we have to do an $.each loop…
hoping we could get something like
and it’d handle it internally….or load\refresh whatever…
Wishlist: Each doc sample contains a fiddle to play with\fork so we can help flesh out demos\samples…