This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Date Filter

2 Answers 140 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
akin
Top achievements
Rank 1
akin asked on 16 Jul 2015, 09:44 AM

Within this report I want to view all hires within a date range, but rather than just seeing hires that start or end on a particular date, i want to view all live hires.

So for example, if a hire starts on 05/01/15 and ends on 25/01/15, i'm not able to see it if i search the start date as 10/01/15. Is there any way I can view live hires rather than hires that have started and finished within a certain date range?

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nasko
Telerik team
answered on 20 Jul 2015, 02:16 PM
Hello Akin,

Let's say we have a startDate, endDate and searchDate to work with. In order to retrieve the active hires you will need to add the following filter rules to the report, based on the searchDate report parameter and the startDate and endDate data fields:

searchDate >= startDate AND
searchDate <= endDate

Regards,
Nasko
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
akin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Jul 2015, 08:38 AM

Hi Nasko,

I have previously tried your suggestion, which only gives me hires between the start and end date. If for example I want to view a hire which has the start date of 01/01/15 and the end date of 16/01/15 but today's date is 09/01/15, i want to find this hire by searching for the start date of 10/01/15 and end date of 12/01/15 as this hire would still be live by then. I hope this makes sense!

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
akin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nasko
Telerik team
akin
Top achievements
Rank 1