This is a urgent case ,we encount a trouble about WinForm .
Today ,Our program happen data disappear about combo box,status bar ,Form Title suddenly
our program had run over one year,and never happen this case before.
We also check data source and variable in program ,It seem to nothing trouble in there.
Would you please kindly suuport our issue as soon as possible ,and let me know what information should provide to you.
5 Answers, 1 is accepted
Generally, there should be a specific reason for the change in the behavior of your application, for example:
1. Change in the system options for displaying text.
2. Change in your version of the RadControls for WinForms suite.
Did you do any of these? I would recommend that you try changing the system font settings. For Windows XP these settings can be found in: right-click Desktop >> Properties >> Appearance >> Effects. Try to tweak the properties for displaying smooth edges of screen fonts.
If no system settings are changed, then maybe you have updated your Telerik version. Which RadControls for WinForms are you currently using? Please try setting the UseCompatibleTextRendering property of RadControls to false. In addition, if your application has RadGridView containing special Asian symbols please write back whether they are displayed correctly.
If these tips do not help, please send us two strings - one string that is displayed correctly and one that is not displayed at all. Additionally, mention the font of the strings in your application.
I am looking forward to your response.
the Telerik team
We have find the problem,
Because the Windows Update of Windows XP auto download and install the latest
patch KB958869 on mid-Octobor in our Windows XP OS,that result in this problem.
After uninstalling this patch file and restart the XP OS,the problem was solved directly(Please refer to the attached JPG file),
this patch just support to Windows XP Service Pack 2 and Windows XP Service Pack 3.
The Microsoft's official website for instructions as blelow link:
The version what we use is RadControls for WinForms Q2 2009
Can you help to solve this issue in the coming in Q3 2009 release?
Thank you for getting back to us with the additional information.
We tried installing the Traditional Chinese Security patch (the file name of the patch was WindowsXP-KB958869-x86-CHT) on Chinese Windows XP, but we were not able to reproduce the described behavior in a sample project.
We also tried installing the English version of this patch (the file name was WindowsXP-KB958869-x86-ENU.exe) on English Windows XP, but the result was the same - all the strings were displayed correctly.
Generally, if the issue started happening after the security patch update, this means that Microsoft have introduced an issue in their security patch which for some reason stops some Latin strings from displaying correctly. Unfortunatelly, since we are not able to reproduce the issue on our side, we are not quite sure how this situation can be workarounded.
I would suggest that you try the approaches described in my previous response regarding the system font settings and the UseCompatibleTextRendering property. Please write back if my suggestions were helpful.
the Telerik team
After reinstalling the patch KB958869,
I try setting the UseCompatibleTextRendering property of RadControls to false,
after testing it,I find that some radControls can show the data besides the RadComboBoxElement of radToolStrip and Text of the RadForm,I also try changing the system font settings,after testing it,that is unrelated to this issue.
The normal .NET controls are work OK.
Our test environment as below:
Windows XP Professional SP3
Visual Studio .NET 2008
I was able to reproduce the text displaying issue in Q2 2009. However, the issue seems to be addressed in the latest Q3 2009 since I am not able to reproduce it with this version.
As to the UseCompatibleTextRendering property, it should be set at an element/item level, but not only at a RadControl level. For example, if you have a RadListBox with RadListBoxItems, UseCompatibleTextRendering property should be set for each RadListBoxItem, but not only for the RadListBox instace.
Anyway, please try your application with the latest Q3 2009 in your enviroment. You should not experience further issues on displaying the text.
the Telerik team