This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Custom view broken in 2020 R3 update?

2 Answers 35 Views
Gantt
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Rami asked on 28 Oct 2020, 08:57 AM

Hello,

to me it seems the 2020 R3 update breaks a little on (some) custom views. I have a custom view adopted from your documentation at https://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/controls/scheduling/gantt/how-to/creating-custom-view. If I open this in the Dojo, the tasks don't line up with the table (see attached file). If I change back to 2020 R2 SP1 release from the dropdown at the top left (and cleanup the stylesheet reference), the tasks once again lineup with the table.

Also the line this.list.header.find("tr").height(height + "em"); that seems to be used to adjust the tasks <> tables gives an error of Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'header' of undefined when I update to the latest release and am running the Gantt in a node.js app. Where can I do the adjusting in a custom view when I update to the latest release?

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Aleksandar
Telerik team
answered on 29 Oct 2020, 03:33 PM

Hi Rami,

Thanks for letting us know. With R3 of 2020 the Gantt already uses the TreeList internally, but not the custom ganttlist, as previously, and I suspect this is the reason why the styling is not applied correctly.

Here is an updated dojo based on the custom view example, that works as expected. All you need to do is slightly modify the logic on setting the height of the TreeList header:

dataBound: function() {
            var height = this.timeline.view().header.height();
	    this.list.thead.find('tr').css('height',height)
          },

I will look at updating the example in the documentation as well.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,
Aleksandar
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
answered on 30 Oct 2020, 05:33 AM

Hi Aleksandar,

thank you, this does indeed fix the offset I was having and I'm now able to upgrade my project to the latest release.

Tags
Gantt
Asked by
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Answers by
Aleksandar
Telerik team
Rami
Top achievements