This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Custom View

6 Answers 100 Views
Scheduler
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
François
Top achievements
Rank 1
François asked on 14 Sep 2015, 12:56 PM

Hi there

We have to implement a Semesterview (see attachment) for our customers. In this view the dates are grouped by their weekdays. We are now considering using a kendo scheduler for this task, but we don't know whether it can be done. We have seen that there exist diefferent "views" like "Day", "WorkWeek", "Week", "Agenda" and so on - so we came up with the idea of implementing a custom view in the same manner? Is this possible and useful?

Thanks in advance and best regards 

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Georgi Krustev
Telerik team
answered on 16 Sep 2015, 09:18 AM
Hello François,

Indeed, the best way to accomplish your goal is to implement a custom view, because the built-in views does not provide such functionality as the depicted in the attached image. You can check this code library, which shows in basic lines how to implement a custom view for the widget. Please note that the widget does not group events by dates, hence you will need to add a field to the events that carries the information about the related weekday.

I would like to inform you that implementation of custom functionality falls out of the scope of the standard support service. If you need further assistance, I would suggest you contact our partners network.

Regards,
Georgi Krustev
Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

François
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Oct 2015, 12:22 PM

Hi there
I am almost done implementing the required custom view but now I am facing problem printing that thing. I have a request at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33203415/placement-of-absolutely-positioned-elements-incorrect-when-printing/33211813#33211813 but no-one seems to understand the problem. I did see however, that you guys somehow managed to accomlish it in your scheduler views. What do I have to consider in order for correct printing of the absolutely positioned events within the scheduler?

Best regards
Francois

François
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Oct 2015, 01:38 PM
I just realized that the problem seems to occure because the refresh event is not being called when the view has to be resized or printed... What preconditions have to be met so refresh is being called on my custom view?
François
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Oct 2015, 03:31 PM

I finally tracked down the problem - after hours...
Why is a custom view only being refreshed and resized if there is defined a group??

François
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Oct 2015, 04:28 PM

Resizing works now as expected - but printing still creates a huge mess! :-/
The browser window has to have an exact size for the view to print as expected. I see that in the default views this seems not to be an issue. What am I doing wrong??

Georgi Krustev
Telerik team
answered on 21 Oct 2015, 12:00 PM
Hello François,

In general, every view has at least one group. That is why every view should have a defined groups collection. This particular like was added on Apr 7, 2014 to fix a bug in Chrome.

As to the last question, I am afraid that the given information is not sufficient to understand the issue. In general, during print/export the widget should be sized properly to avoid mis-shifted cells. My assumption is the 'mess' is related to an improper styling.

Regards,
Georgi Krustev
Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

Tags
Scheduler
Asked by
François
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Georgi Krustev
Telerik team
François
Top achievements
Rank 1